My apologies, but I'm a little late to this thread.  How about us Easterner's?  Are we included in this little competition.  Perhaps for next year maybe?  I have a 2000 pt LW list from Devil's Charge that is undefeated, 3 years running...

On a side note, I've run a few tournaments, and I have a bunch of terrain, so if y'all ever need help in that department, please feel free to shoot me a line...

How about us Easterner's?  Are we included in this little competition.  Perhaps for next year maybe?

I say the more, the merrier.

As for period, if you can convince Noland to slot next year's event for LW...

...then we can set the format of the other events to spread the love to EW and MW.

• Like 1

I say the more, the merrier.

As for period, if you can convince Noland to slot next year's event for LW...

...then we can set the format of the other events to spread the love to EW and MW.

Anyone is welcome to play. Let's get the game face on and roll the bones. As for next year, any period is welcome. I would say a 2000 point list is a bit...big. Might take a while to get everything out on the table unless you are running a KT Company with heroes and air?

Anyone is welcome to play. Let's get the game face on and roll the bones. As for next year, any period is welcome. I would say a 2000 point list is a bit...big. Might take a while to get everything out on the table unless you are running a KT Company with heroes and air?

Running my engineers, of course.  And they always seem to win :)

It's not difficult to play 2000 points...if you know what you're doing ;)

I can field 2k in Soviets or Canadians. By next fall I will have 2k in Germans.

However, a survey would be good.

Perhaps some cash-strapped gamers can only field less than 2000 pts of what they have or want to bring.

The other option is doubles with 2k on the team.  Maybe an option to "loan points" within the team, or some other wrinkle that has been successful in double tournaments.

If we go with 2000, several players, including myself, need to practice to get mission finished in 2-2.5 hours with that much stuff on the table.

My problem with 2000 pts is that there really isn't a constraint on your lists. You can bring everything and more. That being said I would still participate in a 2000 pts late war tournament.

There is, but there isn't.  It's a matter of combined arms and finding a list that works well together.  Relatively speaking, my engineers have a short TO, but it still took me four or five attempts to find a list that works.  I find it more difficult to play higher points games than lower points...  platoons must compliment each other.  If they don't, the fail list will fail.

I also won't play noobs at 2000k points.  They're too fresh, with too little of an understanding of game mechanics and war theory.  It's no fun playing such a game.  Who you're playing also depends on the point total.  I won't play a high points game against the Brits, and the Soviets....it depends on what they're bringing.

As for everything and more, you are right to an extent.  Playing a LW rifle company? Party on.  Playing a LW tank company?  Party on.  Playing a fortified company?  Well, that just sucks at any point level.  But, bring a special company (Ranger Bn, TD company, Eng Co) now it gets interesting, and 2k points aren't all that scary.

That kind of rambled, but eh...

I can field 2k in Soviets or Canadians. By next fall I will have 2k in Germans.

However, a survey would be good.

Perhaps some cash-strapped gamers can only field less than 2000 pts of what they have or want to bring.

The other option is doubles with 2k on the team.  Maybe an option to "loan points" within the team, or some other wrinkle that has been successful in double tournaments.

If we go with 2000, several players, including myself, need to practice to get mission finished in 2-2.5 hours with that much stuff on the table.

I've played 2k points as doubles, and it seems to work well, so long as the team mates don't have the same type company.  It get's interesting.  The only time I've ever played the "loan points" system, is when we have multi-player teams, 3 to 5 players per side.  That gets really interesting.

As for solo play 2k, Moscow Front has run several tourneys at that level with 2:15 rounds and they seem to work really well.  You are right, though, it requires practice: knowing your list, understanding your list, and executing your list.

On another note, a couple of us have worked out a gaming system -- an uberwar, if you will -- for high points games (upwards of 4k or better).  It's a mutli-day event, but it can be done, and it's quite fun to play.  If anyone is interested in an exhibition -- East vs West, perhaps -- let me know, and I'll share what we've worked out...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have Italians that could be used as Early War and of course, Germans and Japanese.  My Japanese didn't do well in the last tournament I went to...  On the other hand, Japan is awesome sauce.  On the other hand...Delayed Reserves stinks.  On the other hand, Japan is awesome sauce....  But then tanks are a thing in early war...  On the other hand, Japan is Awesome Sauce....

Seems like my only argument FOR Japan is the power of...awesome?

I have Italians that could be used as Early War and of course, Germans and Japanese.  My Japanese didn't do well in the last tournament I went to...  On the other hand, Japan is awesome sauce.  On the other hand...Delayed Reserves stinks.  On the other hand, Japan is awesome sauce....  But then tanks are a thing in early war...  On the other hand, Japan is Awesome Sauce....

Seems like my only argument FOR Japan is the power of...awesome?

Personally I think the japanese are the best nation early war.  Night attacking infantry with nikuhaku teams, spearheading before the first turn, while your opponent has delayed reserves?  Sounds like a winning combination to me!

Noland is running and arranging, so he posts and updates thread here (not this thread, but in this forum section).

I will assist (list checking, some terrain, etc.)

Pts: 1500

Fee: $10

Period: EW

Theaters/books: all theaters, all EW books:

Rising Sun, Blitzkrieg, Barbarossa, Hellfire & Back, Burning Empires.

Briefings: only OFFICIAL EW briefings from BF web site:

Norwegians,. 1940: http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=4114

Dutch/Netherlands,1940: http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3451

Loc: Gabi's Cards & Comics, Lacey, WA

Date: SAT, Oct 29

Rounds: 3

Schedule: TBD

Duration each rd: TBD

Prizes: TBD

Terrain: Oregon guys should bring enough terrain for 2-3 tables.

Teams: OR vs. WA,

Roster ques: not axis vs allies, but WA vs OR, so expect blue-on-blue match-ups.

however, if anyone comes from other states, or other roster ques, Noland and I will take input, discuss offline, and update thread.