Mixing it up for beers?

Also, just to clarify: I have opinions about food, but I care more about hanging out with y'all. You decide McKays is it, and I'm in. You decide McDonald's is it, and I'm in. I'd smuggle in my own beer, but I'd be in.

Other places to check?

Grand

Bellingham Club or something? Bar and Grill?

Dos Padres?

Who else is open til 12 on Tuesday?

• Like 2

Not an ultimatum. Just can't do NYP prices anymore personally. I'm super broke and have been for a while and things don't look to be improving anytime soon. It just struck me that I can get a beer and 2 slices if pizza for $10 after tip whereas I pay $8 after tip for non mac and Jacks non BB scotch beer without food.

It's totally okay if people still want NYP. I just won't be able to do it every week. And that's fine. I see you all at game night every week anyways and many of you on the weekends as well. I don't want to guilt anyone into anything either. Just stating my opinion is all.

Trip report on the Grand: It was pretty much empty.  There were like two to four other people there the entire time we were.  It was mostly quiet, with the center sort of room being more away from music speakers.

Beer is cheaper.  $4 micro pints, $13 pitchers.

Food isn't great.  All fried stuff after 10, though the bartender said if we could get orders in by 9:30 we could order from the regular menu.  She said we could phone it in if we wanted.  She claims to be nerd friendly.  The fries are all right.

If we can get better food out of it, I like it.

And I say that, acknowledging there being no more Mac and Jacks.

And that infuriates me.

I'm infuriated.

So mad.

about my beer.

I'd basically die happy just drinking Mac and Jacks.

I just made myself sad thinking about it.

It's so good.

Sorry, Mac.

Sorry, Jack.

That said, Kulshan Amber is pretty delicious...

I liked The Grand overall and though I agree that the food wasn't as good as NYP or McKay's, I could probably still live with it. I am interested in trying the phoned in burger plan next as $8.50 for a good sized burger and fries isn't terrible when it comes along with a $4 pint (or $3.25 if you split a pitcher) and chill ambiance. 

I nominate Brad to be the burger man as he's had most contact with the staff so far. All in favor?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Checking to in to see if we might try a different place this week, or what folks thought?

From my perspective, I'd like to try some place different. The noise, the food, the beer, all seems not as good as NYP. I'm up for whatever folks prefer, but I'd be interested in trying someplace new, or giving NYP another shot. What do the rest of y'all think?

Yeah, that's fine.  I think that place is fine, though the food is definitely not as good, and while it's really nice of them to accommodate us with the call-in thing, one of these days we're going to forget it and be super bummed.  Either way, we ought to shop around more.  I'd not return to NYP this week, if for no other reason than to give them another week or two of us not being there.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.