Mixing it up for beers?

Bayou on Bay.

Food was best non-NYP so far. Gotta try different things, though, because I ate way too much. Great yam fries.

Beer was OK. No M&J, but they did have B&B Scotch.

Food and beer prices were either more expensive or (as Kacy insists), exactly the same as NYP.

Atmosphere was good, could hear each other, but concerns were raised about how we will fit on the nights where we have a big group. Our group was pretty small last night.

So far, the quest for cheaper food and drink has demonstrated that NYP was criminally under costed before the latest price hike. Now it's par for the course.

Price-wise, we were looking at:

$10-12 a plate for a full plate, so more expensive than NYP

$4-6 for an appetizer, so less expensive than NYP

$4 a pint, so less expensive than NYP

So basically if you were there for a full meal and a beer you'd end up paying about the same as the current NYP, but if you were needing to save money for a night and just get a beer or a beer and an app, like I know some people do, you'd get off a lot cheaper than NYP.

I talked to the server and she said things were actually busier than normal for a Tuesday after 10 o clock (probably due to college students starting school tomorrow) and that things were usually fairly dead so we might be able to snag that bigger table most of the time. I wonder if they do reservations...

It's me.  I'm the die-hard Mac&Jack fan.

Atmosphere was fine.  We're good on time, that they don't kick us out at 11.  If we can get the big table when we need it we'll probably be all right.  I gotta try a couple of other things on the menu before I can say the food is as good as NYP.  I didn't look to see what they had in terms of salads.  Say what you will, NYP's got a good kitchen.  There's no savings here.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.