Mixing it up for beers?

So, where this week? I suggest either round 2 of Bayou on Bay or a reprise of NYP to remember our basis for comparison.

Also, Kacy, I think NYP's 4 and $5 appetizers are such that appetizers are the same at both places. It's just that beer is more expensive and more varied at NYP, and that full meals are more expensive (and possibly less varied? Dunno yet) at BoB.

Hmmm... Another fact to consider its that BoB is a superior acronym to NYP, though more easily confused with BB&B.

• Like 1

I'm still a big fan of Bayou. Better food than NYP and much cheaper beers with just as good of a selection. Food can be more expensive, but there are plenty of low-cost options as well.

For next week, I really don't think The Racket will work for us. They are loud and don't have big tables, so even if their food/drinks are good and cheap, I just don't think they can accommodate us.

I'm going to put in a vote for giving NYP another go to refresh ourselves on what we've been missing out on. It's been about a month and a half since we've been there so that should be enough time for them to miss us and have seen the error of their ways right?

Good beer selection. Now $5 for all beer instead of that occasional $6.50 nonsense. Great food at reasonable prices. Good atmosphere, I could hear everyone at the table (and was appalled at what I heard!). Just saying, I had a lot of fun at NYP last night.

If we have to back and forth between Bayou and NYP, I say we give NYP the courtesy of twice-in-a-row, same as Grand and Bayou. Still, it seems like NYP has learned their lesson from our absence.

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Fix said:

Rise, thread, from your grave!

Looks like we may be on the prowl again, gents.  Word is that NYP may have shut down.

where did you see that it closed down? I rode past it on friday on my way home from work and did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Brad saw it on reddit. Erin confirmed it in person. "Closed for Business" sign in the window today.

5 hours ago, VonVilkee said:

there are allot of bars and food options around these parts. 

As past experience (and this thread) will attest, while that may be true in general, it's not really true from 10 til 11:30 on a Tuesday night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JMGraham said:

Brad saw it on reddit. Erin confirmed it in person. "Closed for Business" sign in the window today.

As past experience (and this thread) will attest, while that may be true in general, it's not really true from 10 til 11:30 on a Tuesday night.

We are such a unique clientele that our needs are not easily met. Have to stay competitive...

Really weird thought if we approach Rook and Rogue. What if we made concessions like letting them pick the menu and use up ingredients before the new order from what ever didn't sell overt the weekend? It is a super local place the owners actually work it so we might have the best luck with an outta the box solution yet. I backed their kickstarter, Sarah and I were their very first table. They seem genuinely eager to interact with the community in a way other establishments do not. 

4 hours ago, JMGraham said:

Unfortunately, R&R's prices are likely to stop it from being a viable weekly stop for many folks.

Agreed,  which is why I didn't bring it up much even tho Sarah and I have been very excited. We haven't been since officially opening beer list wasn't finalized but mac and Jack's was on there. They are looking to make bloody Mary's their thing. I had one it was the best I've ever had but I'm not a big fan originally. I'd totally order another. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.