All Talk and No Mordheim Makes Joey A Dull Boy

Koyote

My goodness this rulebook is terrible! So many things they say you can do and don't explain how.

Intercepting a charge doesn't tell you how, just that you're allowed to under certain conditions. Do I move the model into the path of the charger, or does the charger just charge the interceptor instead?

Hiding, what does a hidden token do? It tells you when you can place one, and when you can't, but forgets to mention what the effect of "hiding" actually is.

Lots of "cause" just no attempt to explain the "effect".

I'm won't argue with you about how poorly GW writes rules. No one will ever accuse GW of writing a tight ruleset. e5016522.gif

The details of the Intercept rule must be pieced together from the diagrams. Thanks Tuomas Pirinen. e14101.gif

The last sentence of the forth paragraph states: "When hidden, a warrior cannot be seen, shot at or charged." Also, the Charge rule explains how the Hiding rule interacts with charges.

I'm won't argue with you about how poorly GW writes rules. No one will ever accuse GW of writing a tight ruleset. e5016522.gif

The details of the Intercept rule must be pieced together from the diagrams. Thanks Tuomas Pirinen. e14101.gif

Are you ready to have your mind blowns?  The text below was copied from the FAQ found in the Mordheim Annual 2002.

intercept_zpsiij1kk5y.png

I always assumed that the intercepting model moved to intercept the charge. I had no idea that the rule was meant to stop a charging model from moving. Crazy.

Are you ready to have your mind blowns?  The text below was copied from the FAQ found in the Mordheim Annual 2002.

intercept_zpsiij1kk5y.png

I always assumed that the intercepting model moved to intercept the charge. I had no idea that the rule was meant to stop a charging model from moving. Crazy.

I know! That answer is somehow even more insane than the question.

All he says really is "Well, you could do one of two things, really." Yes, we get that fella, but which of the two is it?

And the last sentence of intercept says:

"Regardless of the results of this test it is still the original charger who counts as charging in the subsequent round of combat, not the intercepting warrior."

So they clearly didn't intend for it to just stop the charge altogether, although that is what he seems to imply in his "answer". So if you really read between the lines, I think what he's trying to say is " I don't remember."

Anyway, I'm not worried about it, we've got a pretty casual crew, and these things tend to work themselves out. As much as they make rules blunders these days, at least they don't build entire mechanics on the foundation of inferences.

man, GW used to make so many awesome models that are nearly impossible to get nowadays.

Speaking of old models. ... I'm not feeling much enthusiasm from my good friend Sherbert for our Autumn Winter Mordheim campaign, so when I bought the scimitar wielding dwarf, Lastro Lupintal, I also picked up Citadel Miniatures' Barbarian Prince (1987) to supplement Sherb's Norse Warband. This mini should put some lead in Sherbert's (Mordheim) pencil. ;)

IMG_2079_zpsptatyasn.jpg

I also picked up the mysterious and menacing, Van Halfling. I think he'll make a terrific Halfling Scout for Jim's Witch Hunters. The little guy comes with a choice of four arms: x-bow, open sack, parchment/warrant, and torch. The model as pictured with the x-bow is okay, but I think that equipping Van Halfling with the warrant or torch is the way to go, even if it's not WYSIWYG..

IMG_2080_zpsgtfpeo6x.jpg

• Like 3

Speaking of old models. ... I'm not feeling much enthusiasm from my good friend Sherbert for our Autumn Winter Mordheim campaign, so when I bought the scimitar wielding dwarf, Lastro Lupintal, I also picked up Citadel Miniatures' Barbarian Prince (1987) to supplement Sherb's Norse Warband. This mini should put some lead in Sherbert's (Mordheim) pencil. ;)

IMG_2079_zpsptatyasn.jpg

Awesome, he would make a great bondsmen. Thanks Shaun.

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.