All Talk and No Mordheim Makes Joey A Dull Boy

Koyote

I'll get to writing up a couple scenarios. I think I'm going to allow most warbands. If the warband is super unofficial and fan made then let me look at it first. I know elves can be OP but I'd rather not limit people too much. Should we encounter balance issues then we can come to some consensus on what limitations to impose.

As it is the only limitations I will be imposing are that if your warband can start with 6 heroes at the beginning then you will be limited to 5. Your 6th hero has to be earned through a lads got talent.

As far as other modifications go I'm pretty keen to try out Koyotes armor and weapons rules. The exception being that I don't want to do the -1 to hit for two weapons. If it ends up that even with all the other boosts people are still using just dual wield then that can be addressed. Also we will be using the modified rout chart posted earlier in the thread.

e5013914.gif

Joey, if you are interested in exploring other rules, you can find a PDF copy of just about every Mordheim book and article HERE. This collection also includes a number of unofficial campaigns, warbands, and articles written by Mordheimer and others.

image_zpsnramyn6c.png

• Like 1

I'm working on it Koyote! Been looking at different house rules and scenarios today for inspiration. And I'm about to write the 4 scenarios there will be in the mini campaign.

Gabado there is always room for more.

Brad, get some random fantasy models together and look at the rules!

Miles, your caster starts with 1 randomly determined spell at warband creation and won't know any different spells until he learns them through leveling up.

I will be making a more official thread in the next week with the specifics.

Okay, so this is what it looks like so far.

Wiccus - Ostlanders
Koyote - Kislevites
Sherbert - Norse
JMGraham - Witchhunters
Smashthedean - Beastmen
Gailbraithe – Possessed

Sounder – Skaven

Gabado – Bretonnians

Duskseer – Dark Elves

Munkie – Dwarves

Fix -Grumpy old trolls who live under a bridge

I count 11 interested persons.  Not bad.  This should translate into 5 or 6 players, which should give all the participants a chance to play a different person each scenario. e14144.gif

• Like 1

Thinking of trying black orcs if this is ok. Will need help building a warband kind of confused on how skills and equipment work. have all the models i think. be a bit more steampunk than fantasy.

Questions

can i buy mounts

how do musicians  work

Found a pdf on  black orks, it said i cant use 2 handed weapons 

rules i read for mordhiem free file don't mention it as a problum

Thanks for reading 

TW

Thinking of trying black orcs if this is ok. Will need help building a warband kind of confused on how skills and equipment work. have all the models i think. be a bit more steampunk than fantasy.

Questions

can i buy mounts

how do musicians  work

Found a pdf on  black orks, it said i cant use 2 handed weapons 

rules i read for mordhiem free file don't mention it as a problum

Thanks for reading 

TW

You won't begin the campaign with any skills, so you needn't worry about them just yet.  During games your heroes and henchmen will gain experience points.  Once you've gained enough to 'level up', you will make an advance roll.  This will determine whether your hero gains a stat increase or a skill. 

The main rulebook contains the rules for weapons, armor and equipment.

1) The Black Orc warband rules are from GW's Nemesis Campaign, so they are not on the list of "official" warbands. I put official in quotes because GW no longer supports this game system so who is to say what is official and what's not.  Regardless, before you proceed with your Black Orcs, I recommend getting Joey's ok.  If Joey says no to da Black Orcs, I strongly suspect that he will say ok to the standard Orc & Goblin warband.

2) I don't know if Joey wants to use the Blazing Saddles rules, so I can't say whether or not mounts will be an option.  The Black Orc warband does not include mounts as an option for new warbands.

3) There are no general rules for musicians. If Joey permits the use of the items from the Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe, then after your first game you can send your heroes to the trading post and in order to locate a Warhorn.  A war horn may be used once per battle at the beginning of any turn. It allows the warband to increase its Leadership by +1. The effect will last from the start of one turn to the start of the next. The war horn can be used just before a warband is about to take a rout test.

4) The Black Orc warband does have access to two-handed weapons. https://www.hong-crewet.dk/Mordheim/Warbands/Blackorcs.pdf

If you have any other questions about how to build a warband, I recommend that you begin by reading Starting a Warband section of the main rulebook.  If, after reading the rules you still have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

• Like 1

We are at 15 (maybes) and counting. 

Just a heads up.  For those players who wish to run "unofficial" or experimental warbands, Joey may tweak your rules to preserve game balance.

Wiccus - Ostlanders
Koyote - Kislevites
Sherbert - Norse
JMGraham - Witchhunters
Smashthedean - Beastmen
Gailbraithe – Possessed

Sounder – Skaven

Gabado – Bretonnians

Duskseer – Dark Elves

Munkie – Dwarves

Fix - Samuri (Nippon)

Scipiano - Shadow Warriors

TW_Haines - Black Orcs

Intrizic - Skaven

Greenwood - Tomb Guard

My goodness this rulebook is terrible! So many things they say you can do and don't explain how.

Intercepting a charge doesn't tell you how, just that you're allowed to under certain conditions. Do I move the model into the path of the charger, or does the charger just charge the interceptor instead?

Hiding, what does a hidden token do? It tells you when you can place one, and when you can't, but forgets to mention what the effect of "hiding" actually is.

Lots of "cause" just no attempt to explain the "effect".

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.