Rudra's Super Special Infinity Blog

rudra34

I've gotten very little done over the last few weeks because of work, school, and various other time-consuming [big bad swear word].   Hopefully next week I will be able to sit down and at the very least repair the chipping on many of my models that fell.  Terrain in in the same boat, and I'm not really motivated to work on it until I have more models done.

On the gaming front I've been on a hot streak, winning 6 of my last 7.    I wont last forever, but it's been great to see my MO functioning well as a sectorial.  A weak start to spring at work means I wont be making any purchases soon, but that's fine.  At least I have food to eat!

• Like 1

I've gotten very little done over the last few weeks because of work, school, and various other time-consuming [big bad swear word].   Hopefully next week I will be able to sit down and at the very least repair the chipping on many of my models that fell.  Terrain in in the same boat, and I'm not really motivated to work on it until I have more models done.

On the gaming front I've been on a hot streak, winning 6 of my last 7.    I wont last forever, but it's been great to see my MO functioning well as a sectorial.  A weak start to spring at work means I wont be making any purchases soon, but that's fine.  At least I have food to eat!

And a very nice girlfriend.

See you tomorrow.

• Like 1

damn that is a good streak!  the one loss to joe at the event right? i was hot for a while but been cooling off lately.  playing the same list though the past 5 times has been kinda fun.  nagas have been tripping over their own legs lately... which is good cause its taught me how to not rely on them haha

Got in two games last night against Ian's Pano and Jay's JSA.   My winning streak continues, as does the ridiculous imbalance in luck that occurs any time I place against Jay.  

In the game against Ian, I saw something that I never thought I'd see in this game.  His Aquila HMG was going after one of my TO snipers, who shot back as it was better than dodging.  He had 4 shots needing 15s, I had one chance on a 12 to try and negate some of his shots.   Here's my roll.

IMG_0310.jpg

Ah!  A mighty one!   *Sniper prepares to take 3-4 HMG shots to the face*

And Ian's Roll.

IMG_0312.jpg

...Alright then!  Never again will I witness a 1 block two incoming shots, and I died rightfully in the next order when he fired again. 

Thanks for the games, guys!

• Like 1

Had a great game against Pete tonight at Dice Age.   We played front line, and in the last turn I had a chance to make a run for the win.  I made it all the way up the board, but lost a ftf and took a wound on my bot.   Win goes to Pete, 4-1.    It was a great back-and-forth game that came down to the wire.  Would game again, 10/10.

• Like 1

No hobby work lately!   On the bright side, I have cleaned most of the house, gotten lots of homework done, and have been cooking lots of tasty food.   F*** yes to grilling season.

5 of my last 6 games have been against Pano, one against Pete, 2 against Ian, and 2 against a MO player up here in Vancouver (Brendan?  I am terrible with names).  Pete bested me by bringing down my Seraph in Front Line, but I won the other 4.  Hopefully I will get some games with other factions soon, as the boys in blue are getting a bit old.  

I am hoping that I'll find some time to paint soon, but having a hard time working it into my schedule.  Oh well.  Life is life!  

With Nate's ITS league starting up soon I'll be making the transition to QK.  Painting will still focus on MO to have them ready for OFCC, but gaming focus will switch to Haqq.

• Like 1

F*** yes to grilling season.

Isn't it wonderful. Its like meat Christmas. 

I am hoping that I'll find some time to paint soon, but having a hard time working it into my schedule.  Oh well.  Life is life!  

Excuses excuses. My advice. Sleep less. :)

• Like 2

Isn't it wonderful. Its like meat Christmas. 

Excuses excuses. My advice. Sleep less. :)

Meat and pineapple Christmas.  Grilling pineapple may be the best thing on earth.

Maybe I need to hang at Evan's house. I will bring the meat and beer and he can grill....... :laugh:

That's the right kind of idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an awesome, bloody mess of a game with RD tonight.  I pulled out the win, but if Joan hadn't been in top form things could've ended very differently.  I'll put a report up about it in the next day or two.  Thanks for the game, Eric.  It was a great way to finish off the league.

Tonight's list:

logo_103.png Military Orders
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.png1  
logo_23.pngJOAN OF ARC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (+1 | 50)
logo_27.pngWARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
logo_16.pngBULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
logo_12.pngPATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
 sep.giflogo_2.pngAUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
logo_15.pngFUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_3.pngCRUSADER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_impetuosa.png3
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
 sep.giflogo_2.pngAUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 23)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 23)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 32)
logo_21.pngMACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_18.pngPALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_20.pngTRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle  / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)

8.5 SWC | 400 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Edit:  The new version of Army doesn't show it, but Joan's +1 for SWC makes this list legal.

• 5 weeks later...

Working on some new lists with the HSN3 rules.  The addition of a linkable paramedic for order sergeants opened a lot of doors up for the sectorial.   The link doesn't need to rely on keeping Brother K. alive to grab objectives, and has some limited healing potential.  

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_23.pngJOAN OF ARC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 49)
logo_28.pngBLACK FRIAR (Albedo, Biometric Visor L1) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_16.pngBULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
logo_16.pngBULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png3  orden_irregular.png1  
logo_28.pngBLACK FRIAR (Albedo, Biometric Visor L1) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
logo_21.pngMACHINIST (Father-Engineer) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

6.5 SWC | 299 Points

logo_10.pngFATHER-KNIGHT (Fireteam: Duo) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 44)
logo_10.pngFATHER-KNIGHT Spitfire / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 50)
logo_26.pngBROTHER KONSTANTINOS Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, CCW. (0 | 29)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png3  
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_20.pngTRAUMA-DOC (Father-Doctor) Combi Rifle  / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

These both look like a lot of fun to use.  Solid, wrecking ball units and plenty of flexibility to go around.  Knight-heavy lists are more effective now too, but for now my focus will be on getting the most out of my order sergeants.

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png3
logo_11.pngSERAPH Spitfire, Nanopulser + AUXBOT_1 / EXP CCW. (2 | 82)
 sep.giflogo_11.pngAUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
logo_4.pngKNIGHT HOSPITALLER Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 37)
logo_4.pngKNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 37)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 32)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 22)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 22)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_21.pngMACHINIST (Father-Engineer) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

6 SWC | 298 Points

For when you need something dead.

I'm going to be finished with class on Sunday, and as soon as I have my free time unlocked I will begin to get the army ready for OFC.   I haven't looked closely at what scenarios are being played yet, so I don't know what lists I'll be going with.  But this is the time to try out lots of things.  I look forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, quick review of yesterday's 3 games.  

List one:

logo_10.pngFATHER-KNIGHT (Fireteam: Duo) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 44)
logo_26.pngBROTHER KONSTANTINOS Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, CCW. (0 | 29)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png3  
logo_20.pngTRAUMA-DOC (Father-Doctor) Combi Rifle  / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

List 2:

logo_16.pngBULLETEER Heavy Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)

logo_3.pngCRUSADER MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)

5.5 SWC | 298 Points

Game one: Frontline against Myleftnut's Yu Jing

I deployed second and took the second turn, using list number two.

First turn I got to fry some Kuang Shi with my rocket launches as they made their impetuous moves, taking out 3/4 of them.  Then one of my launchers was knocked off of this earth by a Hac Tao HMG.  The other one took a total of 5 hits, yet made saves like a champ and lived to tell the tale.  On the other end of the board some line troops, all paramedics, moved up the board to get better position.  My 3 point warcore did some epic flash pulsing, and we moved on to my turn.

I moved the Seraph up the board and, between him and one of the muleteers, killed off about 5 cheerleaders, but took a wound in return from a Yan Hao on the other end of the board (HRMC is nasty business!)  I ended up in a defensive spot and popped into suppressive.  The bot took a wound and sat there unconscious.

In turn two the Yan Hao began to rampage across the board, headed towards my Seraph.   In the end I was unable to stay safe, and the Seraph went down and out of the game.  

I switched gears and got a talbot up to heal the shotgun bulleteer.  His only goal in this turn was to take down the Yan Hao, and after several orders I was successful.  Then I chased the pheasant around for a few shots, but his armor held strong.

In turn three MLN took down both bots and dropped a tiger soldier on next to the Hac Tao, putting himself into a good position to hold ground.

Thankful I had been holding onto a crusader brethren who dropped in right behind the two of them.  I took out a celestial guard first, then the tiger soldier, and with help from a linked rocket launcher I managed to put the needed wounds onto the Hac Tao.   

In the end I ended up holding all 3 zones, making it a 9-0 win for the Military orders.

Game 2: Decapitation against Nate's Aleph

We decided to go with TAG on TAG action, so he took his Marut list and I stuck with the Seraph.  He deployed first and took first turn.

First turn my ARO's failed big time and I lost both rocket launchers in the first turn, then he stacked some mono mines next to my seraph and huddle of dudes.

Then I go on the offensive!  I had to sacrifice a hacker to get rid of the mono mines, but it was worth it.  I then fed the Seraph orders and marched straight across the board towards the Marut.  Everything that could see me shot at me, but as I rampaged down the board I only took 1 wound while taking out a handle of models in the process.  In the saddest ended of any story ever, his sniper finally hit my as I entered btb with his Marut, and I failed both armor saves.  To add insult to injury, I lost the CC roll and took an extra wound on top.  My auxbot was 2 inches, one order short of reaching base to base as well, giving me an extra burst in combat.   We rolled just to see what would have happened, and if I had had that one extra order, I would have put 4 wounds on the Marut with a single slap.  *sigh*  life goes on.

With my Seraph down and no real AROs to speak of, Nate had free range to move about the board.  The Marut moved to the other side of the board and got a couple kills, Naga put down another annoying mine.

I did some stuff that didn't work, and even after an epic crib flash pulse on the Marut, I still failed to get anything close enough to wound.  

Nate wins big, 8-0 in his favor.

Game 3: Supremacy against Eric's Nomads

I deployed first and took first turn using the father knight duo list.  

Turn one...Things take a sour turn fast.   I get a great shot on his Bandit with my black friar, but Eric points out that his linked missile launcher can see me through a tiny slice in a piece of terrain.  He's a nice guy, so he lets me take it back to try other options, since neither of us knew that he could be seen at the start of the order.  I decide that missile has to go before I can progress.  I look, and it can see essentially 80% of the board.   My HRL goes up against it, fails all hit rolls, and takes two the face.   I switch gears and move up my TO sergeant to surprise shot.   I miss my shots, Eric crits me on a 2.  I am running out of options so the father knights move up and the spitfire takes shots.  I miss my shots, eric crits me and the father knight dies.   I try to hide the other one, I fail my dodge roll, eric hits me twice with missiles and I die.  I move up my link and use my spitfire to take out Lupe, then I sit in the corner and cry.

Eric has free reign on the table, and takes two objectives with a bandit.  His koala remote moves up and kills of my link team with dual flamers, every single one of my guys fail to hit him with any of their shots.

I have lost, I'm in retreat, the game is over.

Eric killed too much too fast, and was only able to make 4 points.  He beats me 4-0.

I felt good about the first two games, even though I lost the second (could have come down to one order, so I consider that a close game).  The third game was a mess, and was one of the times where the game is really just at the mercy of lady luck.  I've never felt so helpless while being so quickly demolished!  Still, Eric is the bomb, so I still had a good time.

Adam ran a good event, and even though we only had 4 players it was a blast.   MO go back on the painting table to get ready for OFCC, and I turn to my QK for Nate's escalation league.

• 1 month later...

Coming up to the final stretch for OFCC and getting my list of models together to finish painting.  I have 5 total to finish, and all of them are at the very least primed and washed.  The Seraph will take the most time, but will also be the most enjoyable.   As far as lists go I'm looking at something like these:

List 1:

logo_24.pngJOAN OF ARC Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 51)
logo_26.pngBROTHER KONSTANTINOS Specialist (Infiltration) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, CCW. (0 | 34)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_irregular.png1  

6 SWC | 300 Points

List 2:

logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 21)

logo_3.pngCRUSADER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)

5.5 SWC | 298 Points

List 1 is almost specifically for Biotechvore.   It has a low model count and is designed for everything to be able to move up in groups.   On top of that, it has 3 BS 14+ spitfires, which makes me feel warm on the inside.  A link of Hospitallers would be ideal here, but I don't have the time to paint up a bunch of them on top of the other stuff.  

List 2 is because I refuse to not bring a Seraph to OFCC.  Other than that it's pretty standard. 

Really can't wait for the event.  It's the closest thing i've had to a vacation in a long time!
  • Like 3