Warhamsters Winter Mordheim Campaign

Wiccus

Fairly bloodless despite a thorough pounding from some fiery zealots. In my first battle the dark elves came at my spread out positions with near suicidal bravery. My poor Ostlanders are normally too drunk to hit anything in the shooting phase. But they gunned down about 3 elves in that battle and further crippled the horribly mangled eleven hero that has become kind of Jacobs mascot.

Game 2 was my men surrounded in the center while those uppity preachers came at me in a mob. The Ostlanders knew the futility of the situation as they were outnumbered and outclassed but they're always down for a good brawl. Pa realized they needed to leave before being overrun though and thankfully failed his rout test. After that Dale got sold to the pits and promptly decapitated the pit fighter in 1 blow. Now after those 2 battles I've got some money and need to figure out what to bring to the next battle

Scenario 6: Warp Construct

Having made your way into the compound you realize the tremors were coming from inside. Your warband starts moving towards the direction they were coming from. The warp storm seems to be concentrated in 2 areas and both seem to be causing the quakes. When you are nearly at the source Which is just outside the sorcerers mansion the tremors suddenly stop. Then you see a massive horrible beast rise from the ground.

The beast is standing in front of the only entrance and you know that if you want all your hard work and sacrifice these past few months to be worth it then you will have to defeat the thing. Luckily or perhaps very unluckily you see members of the groups you've been skirmishing with approaching from all directions. It appears that they have the same idea as well.

Deployment

For this scenario we will be using 2 4'x6' tables and we will use the chaos in the streets rules for deployment as this will be a multiplayer free for all scenario.

The Construct is deployed in the exact center of the board. It will not move outside of a 10" bubble in the exact center. Also this area is immune to ranged and magic attacks so models outside cannot shoot in. Models on the inside may shoot other models on the inside and may shoot out however.

Late players will deploy in a following turn. They will deploy half of their warband from a random deployment zone. And the other half will show up from another random deployment zone in the following turn.

The beast

M WS BS S T W I A LD

4 4 4 5 5 6 2 4 10

It has a 3+ armor save that cannot be modified beyond a 5+ and is immune to critical hits. It has a ranged attack that can be used in combat. It has a range of 12" and is strength 4. It will only use this attack on models it is not engaged with and cover is the only modifier it suffers from. The beast will only charge and shoot people that enter its bubble. When it attacks it will split its attacks as evenly as possible. And will randomize who it shoots

The storm

At the end of each round there will be 3 lightning strikes. The lightning scatters 2d6 from the center and has a strength of d6+1. The lightning will strike the model with the best armor save within 3" of where it lands. If it has the range to hit the beast then it will hit him instead. The beast is healed for 1 wound instead of taking damage when struck by lightning. If 2 or more wounds are dealt to the beast in 1 round then reduce by 1 the number of lightning strikes. If the beast dies then the lightning dissipates.

Victory

The game ends when the monster is dead and there is 1 warband left standing. Rout tests are made at +1 leadership for this battle to a max of 10.

Experience

Standard experience applies

+1 for wounding the beast (max +1)

+3 for landing the killing blow on the beast

+2 to the winning warband leader in addition to the normal +1

Also if anyone could bring a couple cool painted monsters that would be cool.

Thanks for the awesome campaign guys. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. The top 2 players ended up being Kevin and some bizzare miracle named Brad. The next scenario I will be posting is going to be just for our two champions to settle who is the top player of the campaign.

Fixed that for you.

Gunter the Wild ripped his axe from the skaven assassin's sternum and whirled, waiting for the next strike to come. There was none.

I must bear this shame another day, he thought. Though to die at the hands of the this rat-thing or the Men of the East who employed it would not be a fitting death. Not after all he'd been through. Yesterday would have been a fine day. To die by the claws of the Sorcerer's beast would be a fitting way to free himself of this broken oath. But no, those drunken manlings stole that death. Fools.

"Skaven?!" The beardling exclaimed, as he hurried up to the slayer, who only spat on the corpse in reply. "What are they doing here?"

"I don't know, but--"

"There's one more!" Torek, the engineer, called from the tower behind them. "In the graveyard!"

A grim smile creased Gunter's face. "I say we go ask him.

"I'll circle around back," the youth offered, knowing better than to get between a slayer and his enemy, "...make sure he doesn't slink away again."

Gunter ascended the steps into the graveyard, twirling his axes in anticipation.

Too many open graves here, the slayer thought as he walked amongst the mausoleums. Some yet to be filled, some...reopened. Foul experiments and unnatural knowledge. This Sorcerer will pay soon enough. Just one more manling to dispatch..."No!"

The manling knelt crumpled in a pool of blood. His back banner and long sword lay, neatly placed, on the stone lid of the grave he knelt by. That blood wasn't his to spill! Gunter wished for death, he longed for it. Not a day goes by that he doesn't seek it out. But to die at your own hands when faced with oath breaking shame? It was unthinkable! If only death were that easy...

"Give them some credit, these men at least, are capable of making a blade sharp enough to cut flesh." The voice, firm and confident, came from the other side of the graveyard. Bulvi Grimbeard strode along the cobblestone path, resplendent in his blue lacquered Gromril armor and his ornate great axe wet with manling blood.

The slayer couldn't reply, still shaking with rage.

"They're cowards, the lot of them," the noble stated trying to calm the slayer.

Bulvi placed his massive, gauntleted hand on the slayer's shoulder, and his eyes flashed. For a moment he thought the slayer might strike, but the tension eased.

"I know what they stole from you, brother, but you'll find your death. Besides, you need your wits about you when we storm this damn Sorcerer's tower."

They looked up at the massive tower at the center of the compound, just as the swirling green storm clouds began to dissipate. The sun shone brightly through and silhouetted the tower with a blinding white halo. As the storm broke up, the oppressive, charged air of unharnessed magic began to wane too.

The wooden door exploded inward as Gunter's two axes and orange-crested forehead slammed into it, showering the sorcerer's chamber with splinters.

The other dwarves shuffled in behind the slayer, scanning the room with pistols drawn. It was empty. Well not empty, the room was filled with deteriorating scrolls and tomes covered with hideous, arcane script, tables and work benches covered with ghastly, half-done experiments. The fireplace was still lit. Chaos...but no sorcerer.

The room was still drenched in magic, the air was thick with it. The hairs on the dwarves' necks and arms stood up. Bulvi holstered his pistol and drew his hand axe. Not wanting to touch the magical refuse, he violently sorted through the debris with the blade. Desperately searching for some clue as to the whereabouts of the sorcerer, he can't have escaped again.

"He's gone," Gunter seethed.

"I KNOW!" Bulvi roared as his temper got the better of him, hurling his axe into a dilapidated wooden wardrobe across the room.

CLANG

The unmistakable sound of metal shattering was mercifully stiffled by the wooden doors. Bulvi crossed the the room as the other dwarves looked at one another in confusion. The noble pulled the axe from the wardrobe and was astounded to see his great-grandfather, Burlin Grimbeard's axe blade broken.

"What foul sorcery could break an axe of Starfall Forge?" He raged.

Even more enraged at the loss of his family's heirloom, he drew his great axe and smashed the padlock to the chest, ripping open the doors to find...

"...Dwarven rune armor..." he murmured.

It was a masterpiece. Ancient by the design and complexity of the runes, yet it looked like it had just come out of the forge. The runes Twinkled, glittered, and danced with the magic saturating the tower.

How had the sorcerer come by this priceless armor plate? How long had it been stuck in this foul place? Bulvi shuddered to think of the abuse the sorcerer subjected this artefact to, trying to understand the secrets of the runes. There's no way he could though. These are ancient master runes that few runesmiths today could begin to understand.

With this armor, Bulvi could return home to Starfall with his head held high. A true son of the forge, returning with a forgotten relic of incalculable value. He could see it now, the trumpeting, the look in his father's eye, the ale, and the recounting of their adventures time and again...but not yet. No, first there's a grudge to be stricken. The sorcerer...

"Tomlin, Jori." The miners snapped their gazes away from the gleaming armor. "Check out the foundation of the tower, find the weak point, and attack it."

The pair hefted their pick axes with glee, content to use these tools for their intended purpose, for once.

Then Bulvi turned to the engineer, "Torek, gather everyone's gunpowder and join the miners," he tossed his own pistol belt and cartridges for emphasis. "We're going to topple this abomination."

He then turned to the rest of his grizzled band, and took in the hurt and frustration in their eyes. To have come so far, and fought so much only to have the sorcerer slip through their fingers. "The rest of you, turn this place upside down. Gather anything valuable, and burn the rest of this filth."

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.