Warhamsters Winter Mordheim Campaign

Wiccus

So we will finally be getting this thing started. I'm happy and terrified to see so much interest in this. Happy because even though Mordheim is a mess of a system it's still one of my favorites. I'm terrified because of terrain. If any of you participating in the campaign could bring some terrain if you have any then that would be greatly appreciated.

I will be instituting a few house rules to keep things a little more balanced.

Modified deployment: Sometimes my scenarios will reference this. Also this should be used if your second scenario of the week is something like a wyrdstone hunt or something else that has to do with central objectives. This is in an effort to help those poor inferior races like stubby dwarves and humans instead of lithe and agile elves or scittery rat men from dominating those scenarios. The deployment zone you use is determined by what the majority of your models in your warbands move value is. For example a witch hunter warband with a couple of war hounds with Movement 6 will still use the rules for a movement 4 warband as most of their models have that move value.

M 3: deployment zone of 14"

M 4: deployment zone of 10"

M 5: deployment zone of 6"

M 6: deployment zone of 4"

There will be a cap of 5 starting heroes. Your sixth hero must be earned through lads got talent. This is to prevent an early economic snowball effect.

Armor: A warrior that is armed with both heavy armor and shield suffers a -1 initiative penalty instead of a -1 movement penalty (dwarfs suffer no penalty). A hero that is taken out of action may make an armor save (no shield bonus) to ignore the 11-35 results on the injury table.

Shields & Bucklers: A model equipped with a shield receives a +1 to its armor save against close combat and ranged attacks. A model on foot, equipped with a shield and one-handed weapon receives a +2 to its armor save against close combat attacks. A model on foot, equipped with a buckler and one-handed weapon receives a +1 to its armor save against close combat attacks (this is in addition to the buckler's parry ability).

Double Handed Weapons: A model armed with a double handed weapon does not strike last on the turn it charges instead it strikes in initiative order.

Witch Hunters will have a warband cap of 15 instead of the arbitrary 12 written in their rules.

Shadow Warriors will have their warband cap reduced from 12 to 10 members. Also all Shadow Warrior heroes will increase in cost by 15gc each and henchmen by 5gc each. I feel that these adjusted costs make more sense considering how far superior elf stats are to start with.

A modified voluntary rout chart will be used. Instead of the normal flat 2 models out of action it will vary depending on warband size. This is to encourage people to actually play a game rather than abuse the system.

3 to 6 members = 2 casualties

7 to 8 = 3

9 to 11 = 4

12 to 14 = 5

15 to 18 = 6

19+ = 7

I will be allowing mounted warriors. Though just as an FYI to new players this can be hard to use in mordheim.

We will be using the weapon specific critical hit charts. Make sure you note what type of great weapon you have if you have any.

Dwarves are never prevented from running when an enemy is within 8.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B18J5DU-6cP_aEg2dHIxbGpaMlk?ddrp=1&usp=drive_web&sort=13&direction=a

The above link leads you to all the rules and resources a growing boy could ever need.

The campaign will be starting on Tuesday November 15th. My original plan was to have it go for 6 weeks but I realized I will be leaving for Alaska on the 17th of December and returning on the 30th. So this gives us 2 options.

A. We play a 5 week campaign instead.

B. We play 3 weeks then have a Christmas break then finish the rest at the beginning of January.

Let me know what sounds best to you guys.

Either way I will have a special scenario each week. Players are also able to get in 1 more game during that week if they so choose.

If I seem to have missed anything or you have any questions then please let me know.

• Like 6

If we were to play a six game campaign starting on November 15th, then our winter campaign would end on Tuesday, December 20th, the last day of Autumn. 

doh_zpsr9pg4nrj.gif

I will lend the campaign the 40K terrain that I stopped working on when I quit 40K in disgust.  I should have enough time to spruce it up some before the 15th. 

If players want to play wilderness encounters outside the city, I can lend the shop my Malifaux mining wilderness terrain (minus the steampunk pieces) and the generic wilderness terrain that I built for another project.  If we combine all the Malifaux wilderness terrain into one table, we should be able to squeeze from all this at least 3 tables worth of terrain ( the ruins, the Malifaux wilderness, and the generic wilderness), that is properly dense enough for Mordheim games.

I am willing to leave all of this terrain at the shop so campaign players can make use of it at any time.  The only thing that I ask is that when it's not being used for Mordheim, it should be stored away.

WIPRuins5_zpsfb41352c.jpg

terrain3.jpg

terrain4.jpg

WMTerrain_zps5779ad87.jpg

marsh.jpg

I will also be making use of the fancy 4Ground buildings and the Malifaux ruins that I'm gathering for my Frostheim table, but that terrain stays with me. It's a bit too fragile and expensive to leave at the shop for public use.

Frostheim_zpsts0up25f.jpg

Together, my contribution is four 4' x 4' tables of terrain.

• Like 1

I like 3 weeks with a break personally. 

Here's the list I'm going to try bringing:

130 - Beastmen Chieftain: sword, shield, heavy armor
93 - Centigor: sword, mace
60 - Bestigor: greataxe
58 - Bestigor: sword, mace
51 - Beastmen Shaman: mace, mace

38 - Gor: mace, dagger
38 - Gor: mace, dagger
15 - Warhound of Chaos
15 - Warhound of Chaos

TOTAL: 498

I'm the arbiter of time, truth and justice Koyote. I decide what season it is!

Perhaps what you meant was that it's winter in Mordheim? cold_zpstcnqyr2w.gif

Speaking of pirates. I'm disappointed that nobody is playing the Pirate warband. If anyone is looking for a whacky warband, then Pirates may be the warband for you.  In addition to being the only warband that gets to bring a cannon to Mordheim, albeit a very small one, the Pirates have access to rules for peg legs, hook hands, pirate treasure maps, and parrots. pirateparrot.gif

B. We play 3 weeks then have a Christmas break then finish the rest at the beginning of January.

This sounds good to me.

Also, I have the original Mordheim terrain from the boxed set.  I have all but one building assembled as my set was missing one of the corner clips.  I'll bring it in as long as everyone promises to treat it gently and don't let it get used for other games.

Also, I don't care what the calendar says.  In Washington it snows in January and February.  It snows in winter.  Therefore January and February are winter.  Logic.

• Like 1

Hey it will technically be part winter league if we split it into 2 parts. Also in my defense I made this thread with my phone which likes to randomly restart so I made the title in haste. Also I have no concept of time.

Thanks for the terrain offers everyone. I think we'll need every bit we can muster

I have a question about bases.  Is it really important to base models on 20mm square bases?  Because I hate 20mm square bases, and would much prefer to base all of my models on 25mm rounds.  Is anyone going to care about the extra 5mm of movement it grants?

Also, I just built my Warband in Battlescribe, and Battlescribe says that Short Bows cost 5 GP, but my book says 10 GP.  My book may be out of date.  Anyone know the correct number?  It's the difference between shields for my 3 Brethren or not.

Final question:  Heroes start with 20 XP, and get advances at 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, and 20 XP.  Does this mean that starting heroes start with 7 advances?         

I actually recently pulled my models off of 20mm squares and put them on 25mm rounds. Base size/shape doesn't really matter in mordheim. Base your models how you want within reason. As far as short bows go I'll have to look at it. I know regular bows for Ostlanders are 10. Costs can change depending on the band though. Light armor is 20 for most people but 50 for lizardmen

• Like 1

Experience is earned in a number of ways. All heroes start with a pre determined amount to kind of show how they got to their positions. This doesnt mean that they start with level ups though. The usual guaranteed ways of gaining xp are as follows.

1 for ending the battle with not being taken out of action. In the case of henchmen groups this is received if at least one member survives.

1 is earned each time a hero (not henchman) takes an enemy out of action.

1 is earned for being the winning warband leader.

Each scenario will also have their own specific way of gaining xp.

When you level up can be found on your roster sheet. There are a number of light outlined experience boxes and periodic bold boxes. Bold boxes are levels. You roll 2d6 to determine your advance. Heroes and henchmen have different advances.

So i dug up my old warband from liiiike 2002, and they're painted like a 14yr who doesn't  know how to paint painted them. I was just wondering what peoples recommendations for stripping paint off plastic GW models are :smile:

Soak them in undiluted Simple Green. After 24 hours, scrub them with an old tooth brush and rinse them under the faucet. It may require a second soaking.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.