Vikings or GoT?

Purplepeopleeater

Last snow in I power watched GoT again. This one I've watched Vikings, including getting caught up to date on the most recent episodes.

More I watch, more Vikings just blows GoT out of the water. For me I guess they are equal as far a "tv shows" go, but it's the historical aspect of Vikings that puts it over the top of GoT.

Opinions?

• Like 1

Try watching a Netflix series called "The last kingdom"! It about the Viking invasion of Saxon England and the creation of England from all of the different regions. Dramatical more than historical but worth the watch and you will certainly get your viking fix. Season 2 is coming out this year. 

• Like 3

Doesn't seem that odd to me, or maybe I'm odd in a related way...  I made the same correlation, and started making comparisons from my first minutes of watching Vikings.  I avoided the show for years because I thought it was going to be History Channel cheesy reenactments.  Man, was I wrong.

My first watch of Vikings was accidentally catching about 10 minutes of an episode called 'Kill the Queen' (Season 3 maybe?).  I remember thinking that it was one of the most brutal non-HBO television scenes I'd seen.  I didn't know who was who but it was a gripping. 

Yeah, I knew about that already, didn't want to spoil it if the show hadn't gotten there yet. It just wasn't keeping me anymore. I had a hard time getting into it, too. Took watching the first few episodes numerous times, I think it was my 3rd attempt it caught.

I find Vikings dwindling, too. I almost didn't start it back up after midseason. Glad I did, so many great ways to braid my hair. ^_^

• Like 1