Ordo 40k Ladder League

AgentP

Beginning September 1, 2015, and continuing for 12 weeks, Ordo Fanaticus will be hosting a Warhammer 40k Ladder League.  Mark your calendars!  

RULES

At the beginning of the league everyone will be assigned a spot on the ladder by the league organizer (AgentP).   Each spot will contain one player only, except for the bottom ladder rung, which may have multiple players. 

Each week you must issue a challenge to someone above you on the ladder.  Players may obviously receive multiple challenges each week.  Generally, a player should accept the challenge from the highest rank challenger.  We don’t want people ducking a fight!  But that may not always be possible.

You may not play the same person two weeks in a row.

If the lower seeded player wins, she or he changes place with higher seeded player.  If the higher seed wins, the players stay in their slots. 

Players need not feel obligated to play each week – life happens, that’s perfectly fine.  But any player who doesn’t play that week drops to the bottom of the ladder.

Games should be played at Ordo Game Night, on Tuesdays.  But on exceptional occasions games may be played on other evenings, at other locations.  But this cannot be a regular thing.  Part of the purpose of the league is to encourage club attendance, and foster community.   In all cases, games must be completed by Thursday night.  Any games not completed by Thursday night are considered losses for both players and both drop to the bottom of the ladder.

On Friday of each week the new rankings will be posted on Ordofanaticus.com.  Each week, a player is given points for their new ladder rank:

EXAMPLE

JOE at ladder rung #8 challenges SUSAN at ladder rung #4 and wins.  They change places.  On Friday after the new ranks are announced, JOE receives 4 points, (his new rung) and SUSAN receives 8 points (her new rung)

The goal of the league is to be the player with the fewest points at the end of 12 weeks.

BONUS POINTS

Players can get bonuses each week.  Because the goal is to end the league with the fewest points, bonuses subtract from your rung ranking points for the week:

PAINTING POINTS (Max 3)

Painting 5+ 20mm-50mm based sized models in the week  [  -1  ]

Painting a 60mm - 90mm base sized model  [  -1  ]

Painting a 100mm+ based sized model [  -2  ]

FOOD (Max 2)

Bringing food to share at game night [  -1  ]

Homemade food is with an extra -1

POINTS AND ARMIES

Every league game will be 1850 2000 points (or lower point by value by the agreement beforehand by both players).  Any legal army is allowed.  You may switch armies throughout the league.  All that being said - DONT BE A DOUCHE!  This is for fun.  Save your ultra competitive dick list for someplace else.  

MISSIONS

September 1 – Annihilation Style Maelstrom mission #1 – Dawn of War Deployment, Roll for Night Fight, Mysterious Objectives ARE used.

September 8 – ITC Mission #1 – Dawn of War Deployment, Roll for Night Fighting, NO mysterious objectives

September 15 – Annihilation Style Maelstrom mission #3 – Hammer and Anvil Deployment, Roll for Night Fight, Mysterious Objectives ARE used.

Inclusion of a fortification in your army list this week yields a -1 to your rank for the week – thus if you were at rank 8, you would only get 7 points for this week.  So it’s to your advantage to bring a fortification.

September 22 – ITC Mission #2, Vanguard Deployment, Roll for Night Fighting, NO mysterious objectives

Achieving any of the following yields -1 to your rank this week (max 2)

Kill your own model through a perils of the warp result

Kill more than 3 enemy models through overwatch

Force an enemy unit to run off the board

Kill at least one passenger by destroying that model’s transport

Successfully complete a first turn charge

More emissions will be posted as the league goes on.  Sign up by responding to this thread below:

PLAYERS

1. evl_bryan

2. Torg

3. Mr. Bigglesworth

4. Chappy

5. AgentP

6. Mooney

7. Rcnjack

8. Burk

9. Deadwing34

10. NathanVoodoo

11. Sugarlessllama

12. ScottShoemaker

13. rtsteele

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to change the game is to 2000 points.  Given that these are casual games, and not a tournament setting, I think going to 2000 is still playable in reasonable time periods, and allows for more toys and experimentation.  I also allowed for players to play lower point games by consent, so that if someone doesn't have 2000 pts, they can still play.

Forgeworld is allowed.  Experimental rules only with opponent's consent arranged ahead of the game.  No showing up day of game and guilting the opponent into saying yes because you have no other model.

Great. My winning tactic, shot down the drain. Thanks Bronson. :(

-Chappy

• Like 4

Honestly, I find the player is 90% of making a list a dick list.  I'm not going to say anything is forbidden.  But as with any Ordo event, the goal is to give your opponent a fun game, not just yourself a fun game.  People can try things out, but if opponent's are not enjoying it, change it up.

So Gladius Strike Force = dick list? In other words are we going to have itc comp any thing similar?

Don't worry, you'll know. When you show up for six or seven consecutive game nights and can't get a game, you're a dick list player. If you walk up to your opponent and they don't smile and enjoy the game, you're a dick list player. If you walk out, after kicking everybody's butt at a tournament, and find your car on fire; you're a dick list player.

Beware the signs.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Don't worry, you'll know. When you show up for six or seven consecutive game nights and can't get a game, you're a dick list player. If you walk up to your opponent and they don't smile and enjoy the game, you're a dick list player. If you walk out, after kicking everybody's butt at a tournament, and find your car on fire; you're a dick list player.

Beware the signs.

I have no intent to hold #1 spot. ;)

I am am playing with some lists all without free transports or turn one ds assaults. I am just looking at a whole new paint scheme. Thinking of just trying to flush out a full space marine company. I do want to try the different formations like 1st company.

• Like 1