Eldar list: fast, Faster, FASTEST!

JMGraham

No sweat!

So, any suggestions on a useful Archon kit? He's currently a webway portal tax, and I'd love to turn him into something useful.

And, am I correct that the stock-standard Venom with splinter cannon and 5 warriors with splinter rifles is the way to go? Any of the DE upgrades worth it?

Here ya go:

1429641597159.jpg

1429641678336.jpg

GW's finally found a better way than required troops, to force you to purchase kits you really don't want.

And you can see they're really pushing the wind rider kits they just produced, given that you'd need 7 units for each core option except the wind rider ones, which only need 5 kits.

Anyway, seems like a really expensive way to play 40k, both in points and cash.

You could pay less of a tax taking the Warhost Primary and a CAD Secondary.  If the Warhost had benefits you wanted.  

Am I reading that right, you could take 9 Farseers in a single detachment?  

As I read it, each selection (core, aux, and command) is its own detachment, and the warhost allows the entire "set" of detachments to be considered your primary detachment for the purposes of things that relate to primary detachments.

Very unclear if games that limit number of detachments would consider this one or many detachments.

As for the farseers, I count 9 farseers and up to 12 spirit seers.

As I read it, each selection (core, aux, and command) is its own detachment, and the warhost allows the entire "set" of detachments to be considered your primary detachment for the purposes of things that relate to primary detachments.

Very unclear if games that limit number of detachments would consider this one or many detachments.

As for the farseers, I count 9 farseers and up to 12 spirit seers.

ITC counts decurion as one source. I imagine that would carry over.

• Like 1

ITC counts decurion as one source. I imagine that would carry over.

Boggles the mind a bit. All this uproar about multiple detachments, but detachments made of multiple detachments don't create any issue?

You can take the detachments without the Warhost, but you can't take the Warhost without the detachments.  

And that's not even accurate.  The Warhost is the Detachment.  The Guardian Battlehost is a Datasheet.  The Warhost Detachment allows you to take multiple datasheets.  Each Datasheet is generally multiple units.  

The CAD is the old way of doing it.  Or the way to address 2k point games and less, perhaps?  

So, just wondering, how many of these "selections" can you actually field in 1850pts, or so?

Someone was pointing out the 9 farseers thing, but they used to be 100pts each, so 9 would be 900pts and then you'd still need at least 9 units of windriders, 6 warlock conclaves, and 3 vypers...

Seems like a lot of points for only 9 farseers. Wouldn't you be better off with like 5 CADs? You'd need 1 more windrider unit, but none of the other units. And these windriders would be objective secured....

1429641597159.jpg

1429641678336.jpg

Pax, that is partly why I was asking about points cost in the Codex thread.  Perhaps Games-Workshop is "Suggesting" using the CAD in the BRB for getting into the game and points up to 2500 or so.  The Formations presented in the recent Parent Codex play well with both Larger Games, encouraging a level of fluff or theme to the games, and encourages purchasing of more models.  

• Like 1

Pax, that is partly why I was asking about points cost in the Codex thread.  Perhaps Games-Workshop is "Suggesting" using the CAD in the BRB for getting into the game and points up to 2500 or so.  The Formations presented in the recent Parent Codex play well with both Larger Games, encouraging a level of fluff or theme to the games, and encourages purchasing of more models.  

I definitely think that GW's pushing for larger games. The lords of war, in particular, become rapidly more balanced the larger the point value for the engagement.

I wish my Orks could get their own Decurion style detachment.  :*(

Green Tide? Or you mean a Green Tidal Wave Detachment...10 green tides in one formation... :tongue:

The Cheapest way is probably Wild Riders.

3 Windrider Hosts

-3 Farseers on Bike (345)

-3 Warlocks on Bike (1 model min)(150)

-27 Windriders (3x 3 units of 3)(459)

-3 Vypers (1 model min) (XXX)

3 Seer Councils

-6 Farseers (900)

-3 Warlocks (105)

1959 Points not including the Vypers, without any upgrades.

So, list would rely on psychic powers and melee to take down vehicles?

Green Tide? Or you mean a Green Tidal Wave Detachment...10 green tides in one formation... :tongue:

I'd like it to be based on clans, actually.  Much like how this Eldar one is really playing up different Craftworld styles (mostly).  

Start with 3 units of boyz, 1-3 gretchin, a warboss.  And then include different formations that represent different clans.  Deathskullz get 3 lootas and 0-3 looted wagons.  Everything gets some kind of bonus like...I dunno, re-roll to wound?  Snakebites get tons of gretchin and mek guns (historically their purview, even though now it seems antithetical).  Anyway, you get the idea.  

• Like 1