Eldar list: fast, Faster, FASTEST!

JMGraham

Umm...if you need something that looks dangerous, may I suggest Ork machinery?

But in all seriousness, I will say this:  the Wraithlord from Forge World that is an HQ is just silly awesome.  As tough as you could ever want and he does stuff!  I hates hi.  I hates him my preciousssssss.  Is that the guy you're talking about?

yes… the Wraithseer with the ability to take a d-cannon (er… wraith cannon?) hehe

• 1 year later...
Ok, with the advent of the new Eldar codex, I've been playing around with list ideas. Given that (if my Spanish is up to snuff) there is no way to make Wraithguard troops, and given the huge bump that D-scythes got, I'd be unlikely to take two units. However, unit redundancy means that you are more likely to get the troops where they are needed. As such, I wanted to try a new delivery method. Here's my current thinking of what to try at 1850. Dark Eldar fit with the corsair theme.

1850 Eldar CAD with Dark Eldar Allied Detachment

Jetbike Farseer

Standard. Great support buffs

DE Archon with Blaster and webway portal

5 D-scythe Wraithguard, in a Wave Serpent with holofields and ghostwalk

Obviously meant to deepstrike in next to a key enemy unit or a key objective, and obliterate it. The rationale behind the wave serpent is that it will, a) give the wraithguard an opportunity to spread out when they disembark; otherwise, if they just deep struck in, they'd be in a bunch an not able to use their weapons as effectively, b) give them an opportunity to walk into cover, rather than taking dangerous terrain tests for deepstriking into cover, and c) to give them a ride if they need to go commit murder elsewhere.

5 Scatter-laser Jetbikes

5 Scatter-laser Jetbikes

7 Warp Spiders

7 Warp Spiders

5 DE Warriors in a Venom with a splinter cannon

These are the work horses of the list. Fast, flitting around just out of reach, and laying down a withering hail of fire

3 Jetbikes

3 Jetbikes

Objective grabbers and bait extraordinaire. Never leave home without them, and I'll never be tempted to forgo movement for shooting.

2 Hornets with Pulsars and Holofields

2 War Walkers

Fire Prism with Holofield

Honestly, I just like the models. This is where my high-strength AP can come in

So, some questions for you, dear reader:

1) How to arm the Wave Serpent and War Walkers? Being freed from the tyrany of the scatter laser on the Wave Serpent, I feel like it could play a variety of rolls. It'll be deep in enemy lines, what with the Wraith Guard. For the War Walkers, I'm considering either star cannons (though, while AP 2 is nice, I have a LOT of mid-strength shooting already) or bright lances (for more focus on armour-busting at a range).

2) Never played with Dark Eldar before - any suggestions for kits for the Archon or the Venom? I considered just taking a naked Archon and leaving him in the Serpent, but currently have him kitted with a blaster for more lance weapons. Can he be a viable close-combat threat for if the Wraithguard get multi-charged and bogged down?

3) Too much? I want it to be a somewhat brutal list, but don't want it to be so unfun that my friends refuse to play me. I'm shooting for the high end of mid-tier and low end of top-tier, here. Something I'd hesitate to take to the OFCC but would gladly take to competitive tournaments.

I've got about another 50 points to play around with, if that helps.

What do you mean by war host? A detachment?

I'm not worried about the wraithguard being compulsory, but I'd only be tempted to take more than one unit if they could have objective secured. OS is a big part of my strategy when I play.

Warhosts form the decurion for eldar. They don't have obsec though so that's be a nogo for you.

Fluger, I thought the WWP does work on transports.

Time will tell in regards to how powerful this list is, but, at first blush, it looks VERY strong (from OFCC standpoint). 

Scatterbikes are pretty ridiculously effective, and two units of 5 is very potent.  Warp Spiders got better in some ways and were good in the last dex. 

As to your question on types of armament, I stuck with TL Bright Lances on my Serpents and didn't really regret it.  The twin-linking was cute, but the average difference was about 1 hit a turn (not insignificant of course), and I really still wanted something that was AP2 and high strength.  Honestly, with what you are bringing in via WWP, I'd think it'd be better to have Scatter Lasers on there to go with the S6 blast from the shield since your wraithguard should be able to handle whatever a BL would normally tackle.

As for War Walkers, I can't recommend dual starcannons enough.  That much AP2 at good strength is SUPER nice. 

• Like 2

Ahh... War host isn't going to happen. For me, wraithknights kill the spindly Eldar aesthetic. I've seen a cool conversion of one into a zentradi-style battle pod that I might consider, but the stock model is too chunk for me. If I want to go LoW, I have a Revenant....

I'm not sure what you're reading there, but you don't HAVE to take wraithknights at all. 

I've heard no end of star cannons from you fluger, I'll try it!

So, for armour punch I have the Wraithguard, Fire Prism, and can put bright lances on the Wave Serpent. Oh, and the blaster on the Archon, unless I kit him out for close combat. Sounds legit!

You won't regret star cannons.