Eldar info

InfestedKerrigan

Note: If something is indeed gone as an option/loadout, you should still be able to use that loadout per https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/05/codexes-your-questions-answered-july-5gw-homepage-post-2/ Things were likely removed due to current sculpts not having that option out of the box.

Q: There are a few options that are missing in the codex that appear in the index: why is that? Does that mean I can’t use these models in my army anymore?

A: While the indexes are designed to cover a long history of miniatures, the codexes are designed to give you rules for the current Warhammer 40,000 range. There are a few options in the indexes for some Characters and vehicles that are no longer represented in the Citadel range – certain Dreadnought weapons that don’t come in the box, or some characters on bikes, for example. Don’t worry though, you can still use all of these in your games if you have these older models. In these instances, use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons.

EDIT: Now in a nicer format!

EDIT: Added note about missing weapons/loadouts

Units:

Name Points Notes
Autarch 65 If your warlord is a variant of Autarch, in addition to re-rolling hit rolls of 1, roll a die for each command point you spend on stratagems, on a 6, refund that point.
Autarch Skyrunner 95 By default, Autarchs lose the weapon choices they had, and they come pretty bare bones but due to my Q/A note above, you should be able to kit them out as you did.
Autarch with Wings 85  
Crimson Hunter 120  
Crimson Hunter Exarch 135  
Dark Reapers 5  
Dire Avengers 8  
Falcon 125  
Farseer 100 Roll a D6 when this model suffers a mortal wound, adding 3 to the result if the mortal wound is the result of the psyker suffering a perils of the warp, on a 5+ it is ignored
Farseer Skyrunner 130 Same as above
Fire Dragons 7  
Fire Prism 155  
Guardian Defenders 8  
Guardian Platform 5  
Hemlock Wraithfighter 200 Can only cast the second part of Battle powers now, Mindshock Pods is -2 Ld now
Howling Banshees 9 Can Advance and charge at target at 15″ instead of 12″, can’t be Overwatched, loses fighting first unless with Jain Zar
Night Spinner 135  
Rangers 12  
Shining Spears 18  
Spiritseer 45  
Storm Guardians 7  
Striking Scorpions 13  
Support Weapon 30  
Swooping Hawks 6 Can drop gernades if they deepstrike within 12″ of an enemy unit and when they move over
Vypers 50  
War Walkers 50 Scout move is replaced. Instead of getting a free 12″ move before the game, they can come in from any edge, at the end of your movement phase, as long as they appear within 3″ of the edge and more than 9″ from an enemy
Warlock 35  
Warlock Conclave 30 per  
Warlock Skyrunner 65  
Warlock Skyrunner Conclave 60 per  
Warp Spiders 10 Can deepstrike more than 9″ away
Wave Serpent 107  
Windriders 18  
Wraithblades 29 Now T6 instead fo T5
Wraithguard 23 Now T6 instead of T5
Wraithknight 402  
Wraithlord 103 Now T8 instead of T7

Special HQs:

Name Points Notes
Asurmen 175  
Barroth 110 Can drop grenades if he deepstrikes within 12″ of an enemy and when moving over an enemy
Eldrad 150 Roll a D6 when this model suffers a mortal wound, adding 3 to the result if the mortal wound is the result of Eldrad suffering a perils of the warp, on a 5+ it is ignored
Fuegan 150  
Illic Nightspear 80 Voidbringer is a flat 3 damage now
Jain Zar 140 Can Advance and charge at target at 15″ instead of 12″
Karandras 150  
Maugen Ra 140  
Prince Yriel 100  

Weapons:

Name Points Notes
Aeldari Missle Launcher 25  
Avenger Catapult 4  
Bright Lance 20  
Chainsabres GONE
D-cannon 45 Now S12 instead of S10, doesn’t need line of sight
D-Scythe 22 You roll 1 die per model now for number of shots, not 1 die for the whole squad, still auto-hits
Death Spinner 8  
Doom Weaver 0  
Dragons Breath Flamer 17  
Firepike 20  
Flamer 9  
Fusion Gun 17  
Fusion Pistol 9  
Hawk’s Talon 10  
Heavy D-Scythe 0 Now S12 instead of S10
Heavy Wraith Cannon 50 Now S16 instead of S10
Lasblaster 7 Now Assault 4 instead of rapid fire 2, still 24″
Laser Lance 8  
Melta Bomb 0  
Plasma Grenade 0  
Prism Cannon 0 Can shoot twice at same target with same profile if moved under half movement
Pulse Laser 0  
Ranger Long Rifle 0  
Reaper Launcher 22  
Scatter Laser 10  
Scorpions Claw 12 No longer suffer -1 to hit in melee
Shadow Weaver 25  
Shuriken Cannon 10  
Shuriken Catapult 0  
Shuriken Pistol 0  
Singing Spear 5  
Star Lance 10  
Star Cannon 15  
Sun Cannon 118 Damage is a flat 2 now instead of D3
Sunrifle GONE
Tempest Launcher 27  
Twin Aeldari Missle Launcher 50  
Twin Bright Lance 40  
Twin Scatter Laser 17  
Twin Shuriken Cannons 17  
Twin Shuriken Catapults 5  
Twin Starcannons 28  
Triskele GONE
Vibro Cannon 30 Added effect that if it inflicts damage against a unit, that unit cannot advance in its next movement unless it has FLY
Wraithcannon 17  

Melee Weapons:

Name Points Notes
Aeldari Blade 0  
Biting Blade 8  
Chainsword 0  
Diresword 4  
Executioner 7 +1S instead of +2S but you no longer suffer the -1 to hit penalty
Ghost Axe 10  
GhostGlaive 10  
Ghostswords 6  
Mirrorswords 4  
Paragon Sabre 8  
Power Glaive 4  
Power Sword 4  
Powerblades 4  
Scorpion Chainsword 1  
Star Glaive 6 NEW! Autarch weapon – Sx2, AP-3, D3 Damage, suffer -1 to hit in melee with it
Titanic Feet 0  
Titanic Ghostglaive 30  
Titanic Wraithbone Fists 0  
Witchblade 0  
Witch Staff 0  
Wraithbone fists 0  
Wraithguard Fists 0  

Other Equipment:

Name Points
Banshee Mask 0
Crystal Targetting Matrix 5
Forceshield 6
Mandiblasters 0
Scattershield 20
Shimmershield 20
Spirit Stones 10
Star Engines 10
Vectored Engines
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, pretre said:

Note: If something is indeed gone as an option/loadout, you should still be able to use that loadout per https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/05/codexes-your-questions-answered-july-5gw-homepage-post-2/ Things were likely removed due to current sculpts not having that option out of the box.

Q: There are a few options that are missing in the codex that appear in the index: why is that? Does that mean I can’t use these models in my army anymore?

A: While the indexes are designed to cover a long history of miniatures, the codexes are designed to give you rules for the current Warhammer 40,000 range. There are a few options in the indexes for some Characters and vehicles that are no longer represented in the Citadel range – certain Dreadnought weapons that don’t come in the box, or some characters on bikes, for example. Don’t worry though, you can still use all of these in your games if you have these older models. In these instances, use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons.

EDIT: Now in a nicer format!

EDIT: Added note about missing weapons/loadouts

Are you telling me they wrote an incomplete Codex? WTF

32 minutes ago, Romans832 said:

Are you telling me they wrote an incomplete Codex? WTF

Nope. They wrote a Codex that includes the complete line of currently produced Citadel Craftworld Eldar Models. They've been clear from before the first 8th Ed Dex dropped that the Codexes were only going to cover "in-print" Models. The Indexes cover previously produced Models/Units that are not currently available from GW.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, WestRider said:

Nope. They wrote a Codex that includes the complete line of currently produced Citadel Craftworld Eldar Models. They've been clear from before the first 8th Ed Dex dropped that the Codexes were only going to cover "in-print" Models. The Indexes cover previously produced Models/Units that are not currently available from GW.

So they're milking $$ every page they print.

What a joke

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, pretre said:

Of all the things to complain about for GW, them producing rules for practically everything with the indexes is probably not one of them.

I'm not complaining about Indexes... I'm concerned that Indexes were meant to be place holders till Codexes came out.

But now we find the Codexes are incomplete and I need both and who knows if they'll re-do the Codex so I get new rules with new models they eventually decide to release... whether or not models exist some time ago.

It baffles me

1 hour ago, Romans832 said:

So they're milking $$ every page they print.

What a joke

Yes and no. It would have been cool if they'd have waited another year to release 8th, and release all codex at once. But they didn't. And that's not, nor has been in the time I've been involved, their business plan. Kinda hard to keep getting peoples expendable income if you don't have a release schedule.

The Indexes serve two purposes. First, they are a "get you by" set of lists until Codexes all come out. Second, GW has made it pretty clear over the last few years that they only want BattleTomes/Codexes to cover currently produced Models, so that any newcomers to the hobby will be able to field anything in the Codex using out of the box purchases. The Indexes are a compromise solution so that we older players can continue to use our older options that are no longer, or were never produced, without newbies coming in and asking where they can buy the Chaos Lord on Juggernaut, or whatever Autarch builds got removed from the Codex.

It's honestly a pretty good balance between ease of access for new players (which, let's be real, has been a big problem over the last couple of editions) and better balance going forward on the one hand, and not just flat out cutting longer-term players off from their older collections on the other.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Romans832 said:

I have the Eldar book right here... no clue where I'd find that answer for you :(

It would be right at the beginning of the stratagems section... Astra Militarum said no mechanicus didn't have a lord of war that qualified each book seems to be unique. Hopefully Romans can find it for you...

• Like 2

Page 118 says if your army is Battle forged and includes any Craft World attachments, excluding auxiliary support Detachments, you have access to the Strategic shown here, meaning you can spend command points to activate them. These help to reflects the unique strategies and fluid tactics used by the as Asuryani on the battlefield.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Anyone with a copy check something for me. Can aIly Aux Super Hvy detachment use stratagems?

45 minutes ago, Romans832 said:

Page 118 says if your army is Battle forged and includes any Craft World attachments, excluding auxiliary support Detachments, you have access to the Strategic shown here, meaning you can spend command points to activate them. These help to reflects the unique strategies and fluid tactics used by the as Asuryani on the battlefield.

@InfestedKerrigan, did that answer your question?

And with this answer, what does it all mean?