Warhammer Fest Europe - 40k stuff

dalmer

7 minutes ago, WestRider said:

It's something that, as far as I can tell, only really kicks in when all three elements are present. The ghost is an exception to that due to the association via BoaN, but other than that, no. I have stronger associations with Burqas and fantasy Ninja outfits as their own things.

So does the color of the outfit matter? Spagunk was saying it didn't, as the kkk uses many colors. Your list didn't include colors, which is why I went to ninjas and burqas (is that what that outfit is called?).

The ninja is definitely one where it's designed to conceal identity, often has a pointed hood, and is basically robes.

As I recall, the burqas are a bit more complicated. Not sure though. Does seem like identity concealment is at least part of the design.

Colour isn't terribly important. Like I said, I get the same vibe from those Mordheim Chaos Culties. None of those other ones have the seriously pointy hood; they have very different silhouettes as a result.

Also, just as an aside, Ninja never dressed like that.The imagery comes from the stagehands in Kabuki theatre and the puppeteers in Bunraku theatre, who dressed in all black as a sign that they were to be ignored by the audience. This lead to a theatrical convention where Ninja characters would be dressed in all black, and thus ignored by the audience, until they suddenly cast off part of that clothing and began interacting with the rest of the cast, as if they had appeared from invisibility.

Umm... I would like to be allowed in the RoC. I've asked a couple times and haven't heard any response either direction.

But on topic! I really want all the titanicus models, but not for actual titanicus. Like I want to use them for dreads or something. The warhound should be just the right size for a normal dread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPaceORK said:

Umm... I would like to be allowed in the RoC. I've asked a couple times and haven't heard any response either direction.

But on topic! I really want all the titanicus models, but not for actual titanicus. Like I want to use them for dreads or something. The warhound should be just the right size for a normal dread.

I'm kind of hoping the Warhound ends up being the same size as the 40K scale Armiger Knights. I'd love to be able to use them for a Counts As there.

16 minutes ago, Kelharis said:

I'm interested to see how they price the new Kill Team boxes.  Kind of weird how they decided to do the terrain... Deathwatch box has $35 in minis and $60 in terrain, whereas the Drukhari box has $29 in minis and $40 in terrain.  That's a rather substantial difference in box value.

So far, the SM ones have been the best deals by a significant margin. The Orks, Stealers, and Scions are all a pretty minor discount.

50 minutes ago, Nathanvoodoo said:

Not to mention Burna Boyz in kill team are utterly trash. 😉 Wish I’d skipped that box and just bought some Boyz and the munitorum box.

I've had the complete opposite results for orks. They can't shoot in kill team and they don't really have a attack phase either. So you must burn!

• Like 1