WoW January 2019 40k League interest?

Dark Trainer

Are you interested in a 40k League running 2019 Jan-Feb?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a 40k League running Jan-Feb?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (only choose this if you're close to YES)
  2. 2. Are you a newer player who needs the league to start at 500pts? (fully painted not required, but preferred)

• Yes
    • Nope, i can bring 1k+
  3. 3. Would you like it to end with a tournament first Saturday of March?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2018 at 12:17 AM

48 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Traktor Cannons and Kitt bashed Mek Gun variants... 

I'd love to see a conversion where the Traktor Cannon lauched tractors...maybe a giant slingshot with one of those ork buggies on it painted in john deer colors.

27 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I'd love to see a conversion where the Traktor Cannon lauched tractors...maybe a giant slingshot with one of those ork buggies on it painted in john deer colors.

Dont make me 3d print a catapult with snotling sized traktors with snotling inside... Because it would be a ton of work... And be hilarious 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I have found as long as the can of primer is warm enough the model temp matters little. Just don't go to Mt hood and prime

My big issue is that I cannot use rattle cans indoors. The propellants aggravate the asthma of my spouse... They’re taking the kids to Vegas for a three-day mini-vacation after Christmas. I should be able to cobble together a makeshift “spray booth” in the basement using some cardboard boxes.  

1 minute ago, Ish said:

My big issue is that I cannot use rattle cans indoors. The propellants aggravate the asthma of my spouse... They’re taking the kids to Vegas for a three-day mini-vacation after Christmas. I should be able to cobble together a makeshift “spray booth” in the basement using some cardboard boxes.  

Fair. I do airbrush primer when I need to do fine details or can't go outside. Otherwise, I keep the can warm and prime on a sunny day or at least slightly cloudy. This last Tuesday was perfect here in Portland 

My potential list... For now

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) ++

Clan Kultur: Deathskulls

+ HQ +

Big Mek (Index): Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Warboss: Da Killa Klaw, Kunnin but Brutal, Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw, Warlord

+ Troops +

Boyz
. Boss Nob: Choppa, Power Klaw
. 20x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Gretchin: 10x Gretchin

+ Elites +

Nob with Waaagh! Banner: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw

Painboy: Power Klaw

+ Fast Attack +

Kustom Boosta Blastas : Kustom Boosta Blastas

Shokkjump Dragstas
. Shokkjump Dragstas: Rokkit Launcha

++ Total: [40 PL, 750pts] ++

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

I’m considering the following. It’s a pretty straightforward Astartes Gun Line... But that’s kind of what the Imperial Fists do best.

++ Battalion Detachment ++Chapter Selection (Imperial Fists)Relics of the Chapter (– 1 CP)

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain [92pts]: Plasma pistol, Power fist, Storm of Fire, The Armour Indomitus, Warlord

Primaris Lieutenant [74pts] Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [90pts]: 5x; Auto Bolt Rifle, OneAuxiliary Grenade Launcher; Sergeant w/ Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [179pts]: 10x; Two Auxiliary Grenade Launchers, Bolt rifle; Sergeant w/ Power fist

Intercessor Squad [85pts]: 5x; One Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Stalker Bolt Rifles; Sergeant w/ Chainsword

+ Elites +

Primaris Ancient [69pts]: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

Redemptor Dreadnought [161pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

++ Total: [46 PL, 750pts, 7 CP] ++

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If I were to somehow be able to play, pretty much deploy right in your grill, or on top of an objective.

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [47 PL, 750pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander Shadowsun [10 PL, 132pts]: 5. Exemplar of the Kauyon, 2x MV52 Shield Drone, Warlord

+ Elites +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 254pts]: 2x Plasma rifle, Advanced targeting system, Heavy burst cannon

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [13 PL, 200pts]: 2x MV4 Shield Drone
. Stealth Shas'ui w/ Burst Cannon: Burst cannon, Shield generator
. Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Shield generator

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 164pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator

++ Total: [47 PL, 750pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

10 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Stupid redemptor Dread... I forgot it's feasible to take those at this points level... I am not sure if my orks would survive against that. 

The walking bullet hose an especially nasty choice against Orks, I will admit. OTOH, it won’t be so great once we get into higher point values and more anti-tank weapons start showing up. The Redemptor is T 7, 3+, and only has thirteen Wounds, with no Invulnerable Save, so isn’t all that durable.

Edit to Add: See that Tau list? That’ll slag my Dreadnought in two turns, tops. Could probably do it in one if the Dice Gods favor him.

19 minutes ago, Ish said:

The walking bullet hose an especially nasty choice against Orks, I will admit. OTOH, it won’t be so great once we get into higher point values and more anti-tank weapons start showing up. The Redemptor is T 7, 3+, and only has thirteen Wounds, with no Invulnerable Save, so isn’t all that durable.

Edit to Add: See that Tau list? That’ll slag my Dreadnought in two turns, tops. Could probably do it in one if the Dice Gods favor him.

Dont make me switch to tankbustas and lootas! I can do it! 

I figure they’ll show up in your 1,000 or 1,500 Points list. Along with a Da Jump’ing Warboss Mega-Nob Powerklaw Smashkaptain.

But, really, the Redemptor only has three Wounds more than a Rhino. They have the same Toughness and Save... and ain’t nobody worried about being able to hurt a Rhino. The guns on the Redemptor are scary, but he’s pretty much a giant yellow DISTRACTION CARNIFEX.

7 minutes ago, Ish said:

I figure they’ll show up in your 1,000 or 1,500 Points list. Along with a Da Jump’ing Warboss Mega-Nob Powerklaw Smashkaptain.

But, really, the Redemptor only has three Wounds more than a Rhino. They have the same Toughness and Save... and ain’t nobody worried about being able to hurt a Rhino. The guns on the Redemptor are scary, but he’s pretty much a giant yellow DISTRACTION CARNIFEX.

Pshhhh distraction... I will just shoot everything off the board and let grots take the hits 😛

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) ++

Clan Kultur: Bad Moons

+ HQ +

Big Mek (Index): Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Weirdboy

+ Troops +

Boyz: 10x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

+ Heavy Support +

Lootas: 13x Loota

Lootas: 10x Loota

Mek Gunz

. Gun: Traktor Kannon

. Gun: Traktor Kannon

++ Total: [39 PL, 748pts] ++

This list is funny as it drops a PL but is a very dangerous list

44 minutes ago, Ish said:

Yeah.  Apparently I'm good at making lists that are either very underpowered or overpowered? I was kind of thinking the list wasn't too bad, due to the shortage of CP and model count, but maybe at this low point value those are dwarfed by the sheer amount of dakka in the list?

I kinda have no idea what I'm doing :laugh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kelharis said:

Yeah.  Apparently I'm good at making lists that are either very underpowered or overpowered? I was kind of thinking the list wasn't too bad, due to the shortage of CP and model count, but maybe at this low point value those are dwarfed by the sheer amount of dakka in the list?

I kinda have no idea what I'm doing :laugh:

Still scares me into wanting to bring Loota Hell.... 

• Like 1

I could swap out the Redemptor Dreadnought for a six-strong Aggressor Squad: 36+6d6 S 4 AP 0 D1 shots, hitting on a 3+ and ignoring cover... Possibly 72+12d6 shots, the wording in the codex is kinda vague, since GW doesn’t understand how pluralization works.

Oh and they “double tap” if they didn’t move.

53 minutes ago, Ish said:

I could swap out the Redemptor Dreadnought for a six-strong Aggressor Squad: 36+6d6 S 4 AP 0 D1 shots, hitting on a 3+ and ignoring cover... Possibly 72+12d6 shots, the wording in the codex is kinda vague, since GW doesn’t understand how pluralization works.

Oh and they “double tap” if they didn’t move.

Shhhhh! Stop giving them ideas! 

4 hours ago, Kelharis said:

If I were to somehow be able to play, pretty much deploy right in your grill, or on top of an objective.

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [47 PL, 750pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander Shadowsun [10 PL, 132pts]: 5. Exemplar of the Kauyon, 2x MV52 Shield Drone, Warlord

+ Elites +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 254pts]: 2x Plasma rifle, Advanced targeting system, Heavy burst cannon

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [13 PL, 200pts]: 2x MV4 Shield Drone
. Stealth Shas'vre: Burst cannon, Shield generator

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 164pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator

++ Total: [47 PL, 750pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Lol. Not a very nice list. Makes Lord of War selections seem downright reasonable...