Kult of Speed with Pirates

Lyraeus

Battalion consisting of one Big Mek with KFF (from the Index), one Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun, and six squads of 30x Gretchin. Approximately 700 Points.

You should be able to get three of these, with minor tweaks, into a Battle-Forged tourney legal army. 

540 Grots!

One quarter of a 6’ x 4’ table is approximately 864 square inches. A grot on a 25 mm base takes up approximately one square inch, assuming you allow a half inch between each grot, that’s 810 square inches... Leaving enough room for your six Orks.

Have fun.

25 minutes ago, Ish said:

Battalion consisting of one Big Mek with KFF (from the Index), one Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun, and six squads of 30x Gretchin. Approximately 700 Points.

You should be able to get three of these, with minor tweaks, into a Battle-Forged tourney legal army. 

540 Grots!

One quarter of a 6’ x 4’ table is approximately 864 square inches. A grot on a 25 mm base takes up approximately one square inch, assuming you allow a half inch between each grot, that’s 810 square inches... Leaving enough room for your six Orks.

Have fun.

Can you fit them all in your deployment? Why not just take 2 Wierdboys? They are cheaper

Depends on the deployment zones for the missions, but, all almost all six of the deployment maps for Matched Play in the BRB (p.216-17) have enough room... Provided you don’t have any wholly impassible terrain in the zone (and even if you do, you might also have some multi-story ruins to make up for it).

Edited by Ish
Almost. See below.
  • Haha 1

Okay, so I took the time to do the mathematics. Because I love you people.

Spearhead Assault is 936 square inches;

Dawn of War is 864 square inches;

Search and Destroy is 800 square inches;

Hammer and Anvil is 1,152 square inches;

Front-Line Assault is 756 square inches; and, 

Vanguard Strike is 832 square inches.

Things get tight in Vanguard Strike and you can’t do it in Front-Line Assault... Unless there’s an appropriately tall ruin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ish said:

What is that in grots per deployment zone? 😇

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

What is that in grots per deployment zone? 😇

Well, like I said earlier, a grot on a 25 mm base is approximately 1 square inch. But if you space them out about 1/2” to 1” apart, it’s basically 2 square inches per grot.

14 minutes ago, Ish said:

Things get tight in Vanguard Strike and you can’t do it in Front-Line Assault... Unless there’s an appropriately tall ruin.

So... At 1 Grot per 2 Sq inches... 540 grots fit fine only in hammer and anvil. Otherwise it's a tight squeeze and you still have 6x inch and a half bases