Starting my Elite Army... Or is it more orks?

Lyraeus

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

They did specify removed from table being the keyword. And Da Jump removes you from table. Ability vs psychic doesn't seem to be the key imo.

The part there is if a Stratagem removes a unit they lose persistent effects. Not if it's removed by X or Y method but with a Stratagem. So Unstoppable Green Tide for Orks. 

Thankfully things like Skarboyz and 'ardboyz are a change in unit type 

1 hour ago, Lyraeus said:

Well, it is the BRB faq and its not new. The Necron faq doesn't cover it either right? Or the Grey Knights with Gate of Infinity 

I wasn't proposing that a solution existed. I just mean that you are debating RAW versus RAI, which is kinda the classic GW rules FAQ problem. 

If the intention was clear rules, the FAQ could include a line which clarified GW's stance regarding other forms of teleportation. Because they didn't cover it directly, the intent is left ambigious. 

You are correct in that the RAW is clear that stratagems resolve one way. The RAI is not clear regarding non-stratagems because prior to the FAQ, it was the same question regarding stratagems, abilities and psychic powers. They answered the question in a way that created more questions, rather than putting it to rest. This is classic GW - they indicate by their FAQ that they don't fully understand the question. 

On a similar note, that teleporting ork go-kart does something like this without psychic powers or stratagems. Even if they fix the psychic powers, this probably won't be resolved...

Anyway, I'm not opposed to your stances. Was just mentioning it because, in the past, I've gotten in stupid-long debates regarding RAI vs RAW and I try to avoid them now. I'd suggest that for you too, but only a suggestion. RAW vs RAI debates just don't really go anywhere and ultimately GW will either fix the FAQ or they won't. And for your games, you can always just clarify the rule with your opponent at the start of the game, it's not really a problem so long as both players understand how it's going to be played before the game starts.

45 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I wasn't proposing that a solution existed. I just mean that you are debating RAW versus RAI, which is kinda the classic GW rules FAQ problem. 

If the intention was clear rules, the FAQ could include a line which clarified GW's stance regarding other forms of teleportation. Because they didn't cover it directly, the intent is left ambigious. 

You are correct in that the RAW is clear that stratagems resolve one way. The RAI is not clear regarding non-stratagems because prior to the FAQ, it was the same question regarding stratagems, abilities and psychic powers. They answered the question in a way that created more questions, rather than putting it to rest. This is classic GW - they indicate by their FAQ that they don't fully understand the question. 

On a similar note, that teleporting ork go-kart does something like this without psychic powers or stratagems. Even if they fix the psychic powers, this probably won't be resolved...

Anyway, I'm not opposed to your stances. Was just mentioning it because, in the past, I've gotten in stupid-long debates regarding RAI vs RAW and I try to avoid them now. I'd suggest that for you too, but only a suggestion. RAW vs RAI debates just don't really go anywhere and ultimately GW will either fix the FAQ or they won't. And for your games, you can always just clarify the rule with your opponent at the start of the game, it's not really a problem so long as both players understand how it's going to be played before the game starts.

I pointed out rules as intended as well because there are now 3 codex's with this sort of situation that make no specific mention of how if will affect them if they do a psychic move. 4 actually if you count Deathwatch Teleport Homer

9 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Played @Dark Trainer tonight with a version of this list sans Krusader and it went well.

The crazy level of firepower.... No wonder @Jason loves guard. The Kadian Grots were huge in just pushing damage with first rank and second rank against necrons. Who cares if I wound on 5's roll 36 dice and see what sticks... 

Thanks for the game. Some brutality for sure.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jason said:

“Quantity has a quality of its own”

-the emperor 

I got to use 2 Wyverns with the Emperor's Wraths Artillery and that 6 to wound increase to ap was pretty good. I didn't get to use suppressing fire but that 4d6 was no joke and I only used 6ish CP all game... It was fun. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I got to use 2 Wyverns with the Emperor's Wraths Artillery and that 6 to wound increase to ap was pretty good. I didn't get to use suppressing fire but that 4d6 was no joke and I only used 6ish CP all game... It was fun. 

Wyverns are a very cool weapon system.  Aesthetically pleasing as well.