Escalation League at Red Castle Games

Mission: To foster a non-competitive and friendly atmosphere for new and old players to learn Age of Sigmar second edition, paint miniatures, and discover new armies. We will not be tracking W/L or have prize support. On top of league nights, we’ll also have painting nights at Red Castle Games so players can get to know other players and build a fun community! 

Schedule:
 Listed below are the dates and point values. Start time is at 7pm.

Sept 12th & 26th – 500 Points 

Oct 10th & 24th – 750 Points 

Nov 7th & 21st – 1000 Points

Ranking: Currently we won’t be keeping standings or ratings. In the future we may.

Late Comers: 
Anyone can join. Just bring the point value for that week.

Armies: 
Bring the allotted points for each league night. Players can interchange any units and or armies. All army building rules will adhere to the faction’s battletome. Red Castle Games has 15% off on special orders. If you're looking to build an army then come and support our local game shop! 

Edited by Atules
Added more info to the armies title
  • Like 1

Just now, Brother Glacius said:

The app doesn't impose army specific restrictions though correct? It just makes sure you have the right number of types of units. I just need to make sure I use it in conjunction with my book and the FAQ. I have a Kharadron Overlord army...and I know GW screwed around with a few of their units.

The app and scroll builder will make sure your army is 100% valid for play. You should have no problems.

As far as I know it's based on points but certain factions has an allegiance with other factions. Within each faction they have something called warscroll battalions where if you take certain units you get different abilities. It's a way to create themes within each faction. 

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I haven't really thought too much about the smaller lists. A few of us are going to start test playing army sizes to figure out what good size board to play on and the scenarios. Figured the rules would be fairly loose and we'll make the adjustments.

Also, tonight is paint night at RCG. If you're interested in coming out and paint with us we'll be there from 7pm-10pm!

54 minutes ago, Atules said:

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I haven't really thought too much about the smaller lists. A few of us are going to start test playing army sizes to figure out what good size board to play on and the scenarios. Figured the rules would be fairly loose and we'll make the adjustments.

Also, tonight is paint night at RCG. If you're interested in coming out and paint with us we'll be there from 7pm-10pm!

Meeting Engagements is really made from the ground up for smaller games, you may want to give it a try. Trying to play any AoS games with less than 1000 points can be a little tricky without mission modifications. Even in meeting engagements games are played at 1000p which honestly feels about perfect for that format. You play on half the normal board size and there are way less objectives on the board as well.

7 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

The reason I was asking is that one of the few games I played, I brought a KO Ironclad as it was one of the few models I had built at the time. It was a small point game and it really dominated the field. I know you want this to be a friendly league, so some guidelines might help people make sure they bring friendly lists.

In escalation leagues that I have ran and participated in,no Behemoths are allowed until it gets to 1k points.Not sure what they are doing in this case though.

Also GW never did official guildlines for army construction sub 1k points so yes,,the event organizer needs to come up with the number of required battleline,heros,and or if the General needs to be a Hero or not...things like that.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, TheBeninator said:

When are you doing painting? I live down the street from RC, so i'd be down to join you for some social painting for my properly based minis. 😉

Sorry, a bunch of us aren't going to make it tonight. Join our discord and we can coordinate to get together on paint nights.

1 hour ago, deadwing34 said:

Wish you guys lots of luck with getting more AoS going in the Portland Metro area.

Appreciate it, I'm sure there will be a lot of cross pollination. A lot of these guys I'm sure when they get comfortable with the game will probably want to do legit tournaments. We're all on the GG AoS facebook!

• Like 1