Kingdoms of Equality-tane

• 3 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 11:34 AM, TheBeninator said:

Umm,

Since the great shutdown I have.....

Primed 12 knights

Hand painted a Duke for about 3 hours, then made a terrible mistake that will take me another hour to fix >_<.

Staying far too busy for my own good.

I know SO many people who've been saying that...

It’s weird; When this started, I went total beast-mode and hammered out project after project and project. But last week and this week I just... didn’t feel like it.

I mean, I got more done in those first two months than I had in the last two years, so I can’t really complain.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

PROGRESS!

It has been some time since I painted anything. I finally got the itch for painting again after a few months hiatus. Working on a unit of grail knights, or maybe they will be realm knights, or aspirants. All the same thing really...

As per usual, going with mass production and painting on sprue. I didn't take any pictures of the WIP until this point, so this is most of the way through.

For this unit I am using 6 bright colors; purple, white, yellow, blue, red, green. This batch is 12 models, so in traditional equality-tane fashion everything is in duplicates of 2.

LcUTtFQ.jpg

In addition, there are 4 primary features which can hold a solid color, the barding, robe, cloak, and shield.

6zcaiUW.jpg

There are 2 more sprues exactly like the one above but with the remaining 4 colors. So the plan here is to mix together combinations of horses, cloaks, shield, and robes. To keep things as equal as possible, I put together a quick matrix of the colors I would use for each model. I have two different matricies I put together, honestly either of them would work fine. Some of the color combinations will clash, others will not, in all it will probably just look ridiculous. 

HQgwnaX.jpg

I currently do not have any plans to do anything fancy with the shields (I was going to paint a black grail on all of them) since all my cavalry will look damn near identical. I am somewhat second guessing my plan to not put the tincture stuff on the shields, since every other unit has it. This unit is already going to stand out like a sore thumb (or maybe it wont after I hit it with the wash).

Next steps are:

1) paint touch ups on horses

2) glue bases to horses

3) cutting and assembly of riders (minus shields)

3) touch up on riders

At that point ill have to make a decision on the shields...

Until next time!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

I currently do not have any plans to do anything fancy with the shields (I was going to paint a black grail on all of them)

Gasp! You can’t put a black charge on a purple, blue, red, or green field! Didn’t I already harangue you about this!?

I warn you, I am fully prepared to harangue a second time. Maybe even philippic admonition if need be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ish said:

Gasp! You can’t put a black charge on a purple, blue, red, or green field! Didn’t I already harangue you about this!?

I warn you, I am fully prepared to harangue a second time. Maybe even philippic admonition if need be. 

So what if the grail was simply Fimbriation with a coloured inside.

• Like 1