Razorback load

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

What would be the better guns for a scouting razorback? Would assault cannons be a good choice. I think I will be doing a razor mech list for ofcc.

I would say that if you are planning on being up close, either the assault cannons or the las plas would be the best.  Assault Cannons because they are already such short range and the las plas because you can get into sexy double tap range for the plasma guns.  Both are high strength and twin linked which helps against flyers in a pinch.  

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Assault cannons have always given me great results on other vehicles, so thinking scout should resolve 24" range.

What do think best chapter tactic is for razor spam? Fireworks included.

I found assault Cannon Razor spam to be quite frightening.  They kill everything and if you bring enough, you kill a lot of everything. 

And since Rhino hulls aren't too tough, it's not like its a cheddar thing to do either.  Its good firepower but can be whittled.  So it feels like a good idea.  I spose the rest of the list would decide things, but I do think its a solid and RELIABLE way to get quality firepower in there.

Assault Cannon are my favorite, but Las/Plas are also good. In addition to the reasons Fluger mentioned, Las/Plas are the only version with more than one Weapon, so a single Weapon Destroyed result doesn't reduce their threat as much as it does for the other varieties. That's less of a thing now than it was in previous editions, but still worth taking into account.

Lascannon are good for a Unit that's hanging back, but if you can get into range, AC or L/P will generally give more flexibility and effectiveness.

Heavy Bolters weren't very good before, and they got more expensive for some reason. Don't bother.

Heavy Flamers, I guess could have niche roll if you really needed something to clear stuff out of good Cover, but SM have better tools for that. I'd leave these on the shelf as well.

Depends on what else you want in the list.  Do you want to go all-in on razors, or do you want something to go with it?  

Oddly, I think an all-in Razorback list is best suited with the Ravenguard CT because you get scout on the basic tacticals and now you can feel free to bum rush your opponent.  I'd go with a flamer to help clear infantry.  That's 150 pts for the razor and the guys inside.  6 of those is only 900 pts.  Now flesh it out with some sternguard in Razors.  They're 195 pts per squad, now you have spent 1485 and have a bunch of MEq bodies and lots of razors (9).  Now get a cheap as chips HQ, maybe a basic librarian.  Who cares!?  1530 pts left.  Assuming you're shooting for 2k, you might want to consider getting 3 Stormtalons with skyhammer missiles.  You're at 1905 pts now.  Last 95 pts can be spent putting combi-weapons on various guys (one per unit!) or some meltabombs if you wish. 

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I find sm mech slam lists that does have raiders a lot of fun to play so was thinking a good ofcc list.

Razors with weapon destroyed are still tanks that can ram or tank shock. I found them to still be a threat.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I don't think I want a flier and agree ravenguard seem best for razorspam. I think foot sternguard in raven list can be a nice threat.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I like fast razor but I think scouting razor are more effective. If I wanted deviate from vanilla I would go grey knights but I don't want to bring a power dex.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Granted I'm debating adding tau allies, so who am I to say no to grey knights. My sm are a faction for the farsight enclave, they all have tau shoulder pads and some tau guns. For example my razors will sport burst cannons in lieu of assault cannons, because they look way cooler.

I have no intent on bring a riptide or a buffmander. I might just do devilfish and warriors to stock with mechanized list.

I'm struggling to get my list finalized, and I'm not too concerned with the changes 7th will add.

I might look at grey knight my guys are painted silver with red and white, I haven't decided on tanks schemes yer.

• 2 weeks later...