Proxy ish models

PumpkinHead

Considering the fluff is quite clear that Death Company Squads are formed by taking other Blood Angels out of their squads, painting their armor black, and then setting them loose... This is actually more accurate than having specific sculpts for the Death Company models.

(Also, why proxy Ish when you’ve got access to the genuine article? I’m right here!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When is the last ti

1 hour ago, Ish said:

(Also, why proxy Ish when you’ve got access to the genuine article? I’m right here!)

You haven't let me play with you since 5th edition. So of course I have to proxy Ish...

Great, I will use a majority of assault Marines for my death company and use the actual DC to have hammers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Do it! I play a custom chapter, so I made a squad of fancier jumpers, with a bit more black in the overall scheme. When I use the BA dex, they are Death Company. Otherwise, I either use them as Vanguard Vets, or just take singles out and use them as Sgts in regular Jump squads. I've never had anyone complain or bother me about it. I guess it's one of the few benefits of playing a rules-agnostic chapter. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ish said:

Considering the fluff is quite clear that Death Company Squads are formed by taking other Blood Angels out of their squads, painting their armor black, and then setting them loose... This is actually more accurate than having specific sculpts for the Death Company models.

I just love to imagine this, rattle can of spray paint, 'hold still there' on a crazy-a$$ marine frothing at the mouth, then pat him on the back and send him on his merry rageful way.

• Haha 2