We need OFCC information for HOG's looking to submit events for 2023

On 1/13/2023 at 1:03 PM, deadwing34 said:

When will submissions for HoG begin?

On 1/14/2023 at 9:18 PM, Sugarlessllama said:

Is there going to be a 40K event?

Sorry about the delay in responding to both of you. Let me just state that the OF senate is still in the process of making an official OFCC announcement and thus, any specific info regarding HoG submission or what game systems will have events is still TBD. I'm hoping HoG submissions can start by Feb 1st and I think it's likely we will have at least one 40k event, but until we have an official announcement I can't guarantee anything. 

Thank you for your interest and hope to be able to give both of you (and the rest of the OF club) some official information soon. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2023 at 9:35 PM, deadwing34 said:

As you can tell we are all excited and thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing more info about OFCC.

I've talked directly with the Hotel and they've committed to getting me a detailed floor plan next week. This will allow us to start opening up HOG requests based on less size this year and prioritize systems that can be run. We haven't confirmed the main event systems though (yes, likely 40k, Blood bowl, etc).

I'm betting Friday night will be open to many wanting to run an event (just in case anyone is wanting to run a Smaller session as a HOG). That space may open as soon as 4pm for such an event and go late into the night/morning (1am). We've done things like Blood bowl 7's before, Kill Team, Board games, etc. Even Saturday Night will do this too. 

However, more to come soon 😁

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Torg said:

... no news?  just wondering - wanted to stir the pot.

-d

We've got some HOG's identified, not all spaces HOG'd yet.

That said, hoping to see tickets up soon,(maybe around March 15th. So far looking like ______, ________, and ________. Working to fill that 4th game system 😜

• Like 1

I have mentioned it to Rosti's Gambit ... (Charles) - and he was mulling it over - After LVO - he's been in contact with Warlord and some others about them wanting him to represent Warlord and Bolt Action at several other western events (Salt Lake and LVO next year...some others).  Anyhow, I think he is trying to figure out a potential schedule.  I will mention it to him again about OFCC (which initially he was pretty interested in).

-d

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sugarlessllama said:

When will we be seeing more information about the events planned?

Latest projection is middle of this month. I apologize for the lack of info, but the Ordo Senate has had a number of issues to work out over the last couples months in relation to OFCC planning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 9:52 AM, Sugarlessllama said:

When will we be seeing more information about the events planned?

Tickets for OFCC 2023 are in the store now. We have a 40k event, 9th age event, and Kill team event as the primary events on Saturday & Sunday.

We'll be setting up Friday around 3-4pm, but it'll be open until 1am. Saturday from 8am to 1am, and Sunday from 8am until closing ceremony (3-4pm). So there will be plenty of after event time too and likely smaller fun events too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, necrontyr said:

Rumor mill has it that there's no 40k team event this year?

The rumor mill is correct in that there will not be the traditional 4 person 40K team event this year, but there will be 40K. The the organizers are finalizing the details for the 40K event now and we hope to have them out very soon. It will still have the casual approach as previous years, and our hope is that it will have very broad appeal for both new and returning OFCC players.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2