Court of the Archon

Lord Hanaur

RAW, I don't think it does require an Archon- the Court is a normal HQ choice that lists no particular restrictions on its selection. (Compare to units such as the Command Squad, Honor Guard, Bodyguards, etc, which all have text indicating that they can only be taken accompanying another HQ choice.) I rather doubt it was intended that way, but I don't really see any functional argument against it.

I dunno, used to be dedicated transports were not taken without a parent unit, now they can be taken in FA in 7ed dexes.  The court seems to be the same sort of thing and could just be the new paradigm going forward. Consider also the ramifications for unbound - if the Archon was required it complicates the 'take what you want' of unbound.

• Like 1

I dunno, used to be dedicated transports were not taken without a parent unit, now they can be taken in FA in 7ed dexes.  The court seems to be the same sort of thing and could just be the new paradigm going forward. Consider also the ramifications for unbound - if the Archon was required it complicates the 'take what you want' of unbound.

Nope.  Gotta take the Archon. Sorry guys.  No amount of "but RAW says" crap is going to change it.  Read it out loud in the way it was meant to be read and you will clearly understand "THAT" is a separator.  It's hardly worth arguing about on this list since...I have an Archon.  So make a thread about that rule if you want.  But I think its silly.  

Not doing it. Its right there. Dunno why its unclear to some but... whatevs. I took an Archon. Done and done.

It's not unclear.  Look, you convinced me of the earlier thing, but this is plain as day.  

Let's change the sentence a bit:

For each Archon included in a Detachment, the Detachment can include a Court of the Archon that gains stealth.  

For each Archon included in a Detachment, the Detachment can include a Court of the Archon that can be taken as a Fast Attack choice.

For each Archon included in a Detachment, the Detachment can include a Court of the Archon that can be painted black because the Rolling Stones are awesome.

I only changed the colors of words I changed from the original.  

I really don't understand your semantic point whatsoever.  

Here are the facts:

Court of the Archon is in the Dark Eldar codex as an HQ option.

Court of the Archon has a special rule that allows it to be taken without taking up a FOC slot if an Archon is also taken.

The second fact doesn't invalidate the first fact.  

Wait, I don't see the difference between Lone Wolfs and Command Squads.  If you're saying that Lone Wolfs don't require TR or WG, then Command Squads don't require an HQ to take.

You can take one Lone Wolf for each Troops choice or unit of Wolf Guard or Wolf Guard Terminators in your army. This selection does not use up a Force Organisation slot.

You may take one Command Squad for each Captain, Librarian or Chaplain in your army. This selection does not use up a Force Organisation slot.

Not with that attitude, intrizic!

LOL you're not the first person to say that to me, ....looking at you Munkie....

Wait, I don't see the difference between Lone Wolfs and Command Squads.  If you're saying that Lone Wolfs don't require TR or WG, then Command Squads don't require an HQ to take.

Yes, the chaos is spreading........Blood for the Lord of Change God !!!!!!

• Like 1

I think "not understanding" me on this is a matter of choice. My point is clear.

So if you mean you dont agree, im comfortable w that because as I pointed out, Im gonna take the archon and im going to take the high road. If you dont feel compelled to include an archon and you want to rely on your reading, great, do it. The TO or your opponent can work it out with those who want to do this. Im not.