Army of the Silver Pinnacle: An OFCC Blog

I need to assemble fifty skeletons.  I hate assembling skeletons, as the models suck.

I'm wondering how people would feel about tomb guard replacing skeletons (there are no actual tomb guard in the army, so no confusion there).  The tomb guard are much prettier models, but I'm hesitant to use existing models as something other than themselves.

• 2 months later...

I give Sylvos credit, his crafting of the 2015 OFCC Rules pack may have done the impossible and made me want to play fantasy again.  I can't resist the challenge of building a 20 Swedish Comp score.  The Silver Pinnacle was already close, so it just needed a nudge to put it over:

LORDS

Neferatta

HEROES

Vampire, Lv1, BSB, Lore of Vamp., Aura of Dark Majesty, Heavy Armor, Shield, Lance, Biting Blade, Nightshroud, Coven Throne

Tomb Prince, Great Weapon, Armor of Fortune

CORE

39 Skeletons, full command

20 Zombies, standard

20 Zombies, standard

6 Skeleton Chariots, Standard & Musician

SPECIAL

8 Ushabti, Great Weapons, Standard & Musician

RARE

Necrolith Colossus, additional weapon

2498 pts, and by my initial calculations, a comp score of 20.

Or another option, I think I like this one better as it enables me to use some models I want (but makes the skeleton block even suckier than before):

LORDS

Neferatta, Lore of ??

HEROES

Vampire, Lv1, BSB, Lore of ??., Aura of Dark Majesty, Heavy Armor, Shield, Lance, Biting Blade, Nightshroud, Coven Throne

CORE

40 Skeletons, full command

20 Zombies, standard

6 Skeleton Chariots, full command, banner of swiftness

SPECIAL

8 Ushabti, Great Weapons, Standard

RARE

2 Morghast Archai

Necrolith Colossus, additional weapon

Comp - 19.9

Not sure if it's too late, but I strongly recommend Wargames Factory as a replacement for those awful TK skeletons. They're $20 for 30, with discounts for buying in bulk. I believe that I got 90 for $70 CAD shipped to my door. I also bits ordered 40 TK shields for $16 online, and even still it came in cheaper than GW skeletons.

And if you think assembling 40 is bad, I have 80 in my current VC list (2x40), with 30 more to raise up with Lore of Undeath. Urrrrghhhhh. Currently have 60/110 assembled. Shoot me now.