Borderlands dark eldar WIP thread

KAPcom

So, finally got started with my Borderlands dark eldar force. Figured I'd start with the sand skiffs, as I've got a few I've got to convert up.

IMAG0605.jpg Here's the model, obviously still have some stuff to add (waiting for heads and bits for the guys hanging off), but you get the gist.

skiff_front.jpg

And a reference picture of what I'm shooting for. I would love some input. Thoughts?

• Like 4

Finished up a test model. For the basic troops, I wanted to use Kabalite warriors models, since I'll be using a lot of them, and had some around. I did a little converting, and for future models will be doing a head swap for a more bandit-y look, but here's the basic idea. Borrowing from the visual style of the game, I outline most of the shadows in black lines to accentuate the drawing-like quality, and won't be using any metallics in the color scheme. Armor will vary from yellow to red, just to add some variation, and add to the ramshackle look. What do you think? I would love suggestions.

af00572e-a349-430e-8e03-09383f5cec10.jpg

• Like 2

People that can paint good looking eyes on minis are a lot like people that drink the last cup of coffee and don't make a new pot ...I hate them;)

Jokes aside (except the coffee thing, those guys should burn) looking good. Have you played with any weathering powders yet? For being a bandit, and doing bandit-y things all day, he's remarkably clean. Just my 2¢ but dusting him up a bit could push him from great to awesome.

• Like 2

I've been debating using weathering powders or not. I'm trying to replicate the paint scheme in the game, which is entirely cell shaded, so adding non-painted texture would deviate from the scheme, but visually it would look good. So, I don't know yet.

Have you looked into doing oil washes at all? They can do some really amazing things and I think would fit what you're going after here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...