CSM Redux after 'Crons?

Chaos Space Marines in the pipeline
Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Warboss
Regarding Codex Chaos Space Marines
-No Cult Marines in the Codex
-Few Rule changes
-Dataslates for Cult Marines, Terminators, Chosen ect. in White Dwarf
-One Chaos God per Issue (each with their own dataslates for Berzerker Termis, Plague Termis ect.)

I first came across this on Dakka², and I guess it originated from Faeit.

So far I only have heard about a CSM supplement in March. Maybe some more details will surface over the next weeks.

As a warning: please keep things like "the current CSM book sucks" and "3.5 was so much better for reasons!" to 40K General. 

just found this

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?404199-Chaos-Space-Marines-in-the-pipeline

citing this

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/630351.page

Pretre, I defer to your greater wisdom.

• Like 1

Actually, 40K is changing pretty dramatically. Apparently the universe implodes and becomes one giant planet. Most of the races are wiped out and the survivors are reduced to a few cities.

Most of the models are going to be discontinued and a new line which focuses on rank and file unit structures will be implemented.

As long as Squats are revived into an amazing, glorious kingdom of Engineers fighting to regain their honor, I can get behind it.  Maybe they'll reintroduce the Old Ones in some fashion?

Steve the Warboss - Total rumors: (14 TRUE) / (13 FALSE) / (1 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

Thank you, sir.

Adding to the confusion now...

One of my very reliable birdies told me to not expect a new CSM codex, but only a supplement. And while it is centered around Khorne (plus at least one new unit and new models in plastic), it is not about a Legion, but a renegade warband. This is a contradiction to the rumour in the OP by Steve the Warboss, and only one set of those rumours can be correct in the end.

So apply a bit more salt than usual.

I have waited for somebody else to bring it the following up. It is an example for "new users" sometimes bringing in exactly the right news. The original source for this is Dakka²:

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Panda
In the last week of March, GW will release a Codex for Khorne Warbands/Hordes.

It combines Khorne-themed CSM and daemon units. Formations, etc..

It is a one-week release with no new miniatures released for this new codex as such (but Zerkers, in all their old miniatures-glory, are actually in the Codex, no WD spin-offs).

The main purpose of this khorne codex is to ride in the slipstream of End Times 5, which will be released earlier in march, with the "headline"-release of the new Bloodthirster (builds 3 variants).

There is no "main" Codex CSM in 2015. There are no nurgle, tzeentch, etc. equivalents to this khorne one planned (yet), as it's mostly an End Times add-on to make the new Bloodthirster with all its variants work in 40K.

As far as I'm informed, this is 100% correct. New Bloodthirster, yeah! 

from warseer

End Times Scale Blood Thirster.  [big bad swear word] Yeah.

I really want to see all the Greater Daemons get redone in plastic. I'm in the middle of converting a Pox Maggoth into a GUcO because I do not want to have to deal with a metal or resin model like that.

My Greater Daemon wasn't imposing enough, so I recently purchased a plastic turtle from michaels...About 6" tall, between the daemon, his porcelain throne, and the turtle.