Fluger's Orky Adventures!

fluger

Thoughts on the list. 

1.  My OFCC list, as constructed, has essentially no credible answers to knights.  I'm not on Lord Hanaur level of disgust for them or anything, but stomp just makes me twitchy.  I get what's going on with it, and I get the cinematic quality of it, but I think something else could be done in lieu of the current mechanic that would make it less absurd (IMO).  Something like:  d6 roll.  1: nothing happens, 2-5 each unit in base contact takes a S6 AP3 hit for every model in base contact; 6: each unit in base contact loses a number of models equal to the number of models in base contact.  Something like that.  Anyway, that's kind of a different thing. 

2.  The Deffdred is sneaky-effective for it's price point.  I'm about 12 games in with this list or something akin to it and the deff dred either dies to decent fire power or else does some good damage.  For 80 pts, it's really not a bad buy.  I think if one were to come up with a better way of running them, perhaps using those Forgeworld AV13 transports in conjunction with them or something they could be pretty snazzy.  I dunno, but the idea of running like 9 of them with triple CAD actually sounds appealing to me. 

3.  I was able to play a smidge faster this game, but not by much, and I bet it had more to do with Matt's army being small and only half on the board at any one time.  Still, it was about 3.25 hours of game play and we only did 4.5 turns.  :wacko:

4.  Every single game reinforces my opinion that shoota boyz are a complete waste of time with the new dex.  I get into combat so often and the extra shooting almost never comes into play.  If they were still equal points, I could see it...maybe, but paying extra to be typically WORSE is beyond annoying.  Time to start saving up and looking for AoBR orks...  Of course that means painting all over again...  :angry:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Grukk Face-Rippa:  130

30 Boyz: 262
Shootas, 3 Rokkit Launchas, Nob, Power Klaw,
Boss Pole

30 Boyz: 262
Shootas, 3 Rokkit Launchas, Nob, Power Klaw,
Boss Pole

29 Boyz: 214
Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole

10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd: 35

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

10 Kommandos: 140
Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole

20 Stormboyz: 220
nob, power klaw, bosspole

2 Rokkit Buggies: 50

2 Rokkit Buggies: 50

Deffdredd: 80

3 Lobbas: 54

13 Lootas: 182

1999 pts

Grukk and the boyz are all packed in their Space Hulk and waiting to crash land on Vancouver like a freight train made out of dynamite. 

• Like 2

A great experience overall.

Went 3-2, but, more importantly, had 5 great games. 

Quick recap:

Game 1 vs Chaos Cultists, Daemon Princes, and Daemon Machines.  Bloody and brutal, made a few critical mistakes and didn't draw good cards, a lethal combination.  Super fun.  Played against Dane and would play against him any day.

Game 2 vs Shae and his Nids.  I was at an advantage because I play against a similar list very often so I knew what needed to be done.  As well, it REALLY helps when you seize the initiative!  Shae narrowly was my favorite opponent, but, honestly, it could've gone to all 5 of my opponents.  That's no joke. 

Game 3 vs Justin and his Eldar/BA/Dark Eldar.  I made one HUGE error in forgetting that open topped transports are no protection vs templates.  And when those templates are d scythes and the riders are MegaNobz, it's a very sad day for Ork-kind.  I still held on and made it close, but, in the end, I couldn't eke it out.  Great game overall, super tense and fun.

Game 4 vs Don and his Corsairs!  Haven't played Don in almost 6 years.  The story of this game was that I seized on Don and his one anti-horde unit didn't come in from reserves until it was too late.  I'm waiting to see Don's pictures of the Duke Boyz jumping off the skyshield. 

Game 5 vs Loren and his 13 Solitaires.  167 models vs 13!  Loren was smart and refuse flanked me, but I caught a crazy mob-rule break and held with a wounded Nob to deny an objective at a critical point.  I wore down his solitaires with massed firepower and tons of bodies.  It was pretty fun and brutal and the only game I finished early thanks to how quick Loren's army plays.  Great way to end the event!

My team:  Dice Hard, finished dead last with our overwhelming combination of terribly painted armies, awful battle scores, and middling sportsmanship!  w00t!  Meh, someone's gotta be last, right? 

• Like 3

Don (Torg) got some great shots of our game here:  https://torgsblog.wordpress.com/

Bonus points for the action shot of the Mega-Nobz Trukks in mid air as they catch some sweet air off the skyshield. 

In our deployment, I'm kinda just putting stuff down and Don's like, "Could vehicles jump down from the skyshield?"  And I go, "They're going to now!" 

ezL1TED.jpg

• Like 4

As it should.

It's just odd, as most things don't disturb me.

Anyway, as for that sky shield, I believe it's dangerous terrain to go up an down as a non-skimmer/flyer/Jump/jetbike unit.