Fluger's Orky Adventures!

fluger

According to Reece's comments, Buzzgob still occupies the HQ slot in addition to the LoW slot (though I don't know how official that is), so you could potentially take another Mek.

Maybe think about putting the Lootas inside the Stompa? It's only three fire points, so you can't make it a big squad, but you can convert three of them to Meks (and save a point each in the process!) to keep it fixed up potentially.

I'm guessing the Big Mek is your Warlord? Seems kinda sad to lose Gruk, but...

• 1 month later...

So, I took my Orks to TSHFT and had a blast.  

Warboss Wurzzdregg's 'Ord

Grukk Face Rippa: 130

Mek: 15

30 Boyz: 220
Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole

10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd: 35

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

Boss Pole

20 Stormboyz: 220

2 Rokkit Buggies: 50

2 Rokkit Buggies: 50

4 Kustom Mega-Kannons: 120

2 Trakta Kannons: 63
1 Ammo Runt

8 Lootas: 112

Wall of Martyrs Bunker: 75
Ammo Dump

I got a game in with AbusePuppy the Friday night before.  He went 5-1 with this Eldar list and I can see why.  I'm not sure what I could've done against it because scatter bikes just erase my big mobs.  It was instructive in that I came up with the idea of hiding Grukk inside the artillery to save him from getting blasted by scatter bikes.  

Day 1 my first opponent was MrMoreTanks himself, and he had a battle company with a Knight Acheron.  I had a good plan and I think I could've done well, but I got silly and decided to steal the initiative, when I had already won the roll to go second to let him come to me before engaging.  I compounded this big mistake by then rolling really poorly on some critical rolls.  I ended up conceding at the bottom of 2 as there was really no hope at that point.

Next game was against Frontline Gaming contributor Jason Butler.  He had a battle company list but he had gone ALL IN on grav, and that's death against an army with such a wide lack of armor saves.  He played a wily game of feeding me units and using his infiltrating scouts and scout moves to block me from the Relic and ended up holding it when time was called at the end of turn 3.  I had won on Maelstrom and Tertiary though so ended up winning out.  

Game 3 was against Andrei who I haven't played before.  He had an IG with Ad Mech with Space Marines.  He didn't have a lot of long-range shooting other than two thudd guns and I was able to play conservatively and not give up easy kill points while snagging the few I could.  I got lucky on a few things and ended up drawing on primary and winning maelstrom and tertiary.  

Game 4 was against Alex with Tau and Skyhammer formation.  This game I spaced on the fact that the assault marines could assault off the drop and I kinda forgot that Tau suck in combat and won't be deepstriking BEHIND a horde of boyz.  I wasted a turn of movement by staying in my deployment zone to avoid having him drop behind me, but all the objectives of note were in the center of the board and it wouldn't've made sense for him to do that in hindsight.  Oh well.  Well, turn 1 he assaulted my gunz that were on the starting line to have the best field of fire.  I could've easily bubble-wrapped them, but failed to do so.  Again, poor planning/playing ended up costing me the game.  

Game 5 on day 2 was against Colin with Corsairs.  I was glad to have had the practice game against AbusePuppy as I hid Grukk, but that ended up being an issue since he was strung out behind the unit.  I was able to keep him alive from some strength D barrages and a wild Hallucination spell, but he failed to keep his unit in the fight against a wraithknight and was out of combat range to do damage.  When he fell I lost the ability to Waagh and the wraithknight proceeded to chew through my army piece meal.  I ended up winning maelstrom because of luck mostly but still lost.

Game 6 was against...crap...I forgot his name.  Well, he was playing Armored Company/IG/Inquisition.  He really lacked anti-infantry shooting other than two vultures, but suffice to say I was in combat with him on the bottom of turn 2 and he conceded after that as he had zero chance of winning and we were all tired.  

I won another box of dice in the raffle and that was great.  

10/10 would go again.

• Like 1

My thoughts for bumping this up for competitive play.  Drop one of the 30 strong mobz, the lootas, the bunker, and the mek.  Swap Grukk for a big mek with KFF and the Fixer Upper and get the new Big Mek Stompa!  

There wasn't really a single game that I couldn't've used a stompa!  Just the big pie-plate would've really helped dealing with things like jetbikes and the like and the morale bubble would've really helped out.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Pretty Sure this is going to be my list for the OFCC ITC event.  

Big Mek:  100

KFF, Da Fixer Upper

10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd: 35

Boss Pole

Boss Pole

20 Stormboyz: 220

1 Rokkit Buggy:  25

1 Rokkit Buggy:  25

2 Trakta Kannons: 63

1 Ammo Runt

4 Kustom Mega-Kannons: 120

Big Mek Buzzgob:  500

Stompa Upgrade, Belly Gun Deff Kannon

Basically, I give up the lootas and Wall of Martyr's bunker as well as a 30 man boyz squad, but I gain a stompa!  

I don't see this list shaking up the meta or anything, but it gives me something that I hope will help against some of the tougher lists.  

• Like 1

Got a chance to try gaming at Game On at the South Hill Mall.  They have a decent group (about 10-12 people) every Sunday for open gaming.  

Anyway, got a game in with my TSHFT list.  My opponent was fairly new to the hobby and made some poor choices tactically and I ended up whitewashing him.  Oh well.  

• Like 1

The South Hill Mall on Sundays?  That's cool.  I just started running an online D&D game but that won't be EVERY Sunday.  So maybe I'll pop in and see what they are about.  It will go on my list of things to do once i am done getting through this next tournament on March 5th.  A shame your orks won't be there.  I thought about just bringing a "whatevs" ork army to it since its all raffled anyways.

I wonder if I have the stuff to make your army list you have here...

• Like 1