The Age of Sigmar begins...

Wow... thanks for ruining my Warhams, Pretre! :(

That doesn't sound very good. I mean, unit cards... ok. Something 'similar' to 3rd edition, which I loved... ok.

But no points costs? And you can use any minis, mixing across 'factions'... basically, GW's sales catalog is one big army list to choose from?

Ugh.

From what little we can see of the rules, the "last ditch win" thing was hugely misrepresented by that one guy. 

Battles are supposed to be played till someone has no minis left. If this takes too long, the player who lost a smaller percentage of their force (by pure model count) wins. 

Only if someone starts out with a significantly smaller force is he allowed to pick an objective, so that he has a fighting chance.

Battleshock (morale) happens for both sides - no 'winning' side in combat. 

Players each roll 1D6 + number of models in unit slain = X. One model is lost for each point above the Bravery of the unit. Add +1 bravery for every ten models...(something about larger units).

Yeah I hope there's some kind of points system... We need something!

I imagine the tournament scene will have to start one on their own.  This actually could be a good thing.  How many times have underpriced or overpriced units been a problem.  If the points can be adjusted by the community, that could be a huge boon.  You could legitimately play ANY unit then and be OK.  That would be glorious.  

• Like 1

Honestly the further GW stays from game balance, the better off the game will be.

That's actually what I was thinking.  

If GW just basically bowed out of trying to balance the game with points and just gave us the rules, I think the huge community could do a better job of balancing the points out.