The Age of Sigmar begins...

We have some solid information now that looks like it was accidentally put onto the German Games Workshop website. The best part is that we have the screenshots that reveal that the Age of Sigmar will come with Free Rules.

I have checked the website, and this is no longer there, or at least that I could find.

Please take this as a rumor right now, until at least someone can either find it or verify it. I have closely checked the images and the site, and it all seems to line up.

The page reads like this......
"Contained within this free download is the core ruleset needed in order to begin your own adventures within the Age of Sigmar. This four-page PDF is yours to keep, print out and play with, and when combined with the Warscroll Compendium or two-available below, also totally free- is everything you need to know. Grab it, read it, and begin playing right away!"

Here are the images sent in by a reader on Faeit 212
A member of our gaming group send a screengrab of the German webstore with 
a pod of Macragge Blue labled as Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Rules (PDF).

Foto%2B2.JPG

Foto%2B1.JPG

Based on that, I could see something like this....

The 'rules', at least a 'basic' version, are free and included in the boxed set. These rules might be a 'lite' version of the new Warhammer rules.

The boxed-set comes with War Scrolls (i.e. Army lists) for the models provided in the box.

A 'War Scroll Compendium' will come out with states for all models/armies, little or no fluff, like they did back in 3rd edition. OR, they will have a 'War Scroll Compendium' for each faction, similar to Army Books/Codex Books that we are used to seeing.

The 'full rules' book with fluff, hobby-stuff, etc, that we're used to, will come out later.

The boxed set will retail for what Island of Blood did, so you will get fewer models, a less complete rules-book, and only 'starter' rules to help get you going and 'encouraging' you to buy the big book.

AOS is the name of the boxed-set, and covers the skirmish-size game playable with the models provided in the box. The 'big book' will have rules covering games up to the mass-battles we're used to.

Just random thoughts.

• Like 1

Yeah,only a four page rulebook to start with...probably gonna pass on this until more info comes out about the future of WHFB.

Well if it is not faked I am more inclined to think if it is 4 pages it is just a preview to the Index of the Core Rule Book. They're usually 3 to 4 pages long.

Even my Uno game has more than 4 pages.

Those are some cool looking blood angels. If I was playing fantasy and someone put them on the table I would immediately switch to my eldar. Sorry I don't want Marines in fantasy. We have seen Marines inside of Marines and even machines but I do not want them in my SQUARE BASED GAME....TY

• Like 1

Those are some cool looking blood angels. If I was playing fantasy and someone put them on the table I would immediately switch to my eldar. Sorry I don't want Marines in fantasy. We have seen Marines inside of Marines and even machines but I do not want them in my SQUARE BASED GAME....TY

Dude, they are big fantasy knights. And there is no square based game according to those pics. :)

This looks like 4th edition D&D. It looks cute on paper but as that pic you posted points out there is some game envy going on. The can't beat um join philosophy doesn't always work. I'll wait for a piazo to step in and show them that you don't just crap on the formula because YOU want change. These pics say warmachine to me.

I love warmachine fluff and models and I have owned two massive armies before but the gameplay is lacking. If the game is fun I will play. If not fantasy will sit on a shelf until poor sales drive them to make sensical decisions.

• Like 1