The Age of Sigmar begins...

Losing it? no. GW's actions no longer surprise me. I'm just shocked that you guys are still skipping along the fanboi path. They have you eating out of their hand, even when its empty.

That's a stupid statement. We can't be eating if there's nothing to chew on. The fact you are still rambling on about how could we still follow GW amazes me. Go play your other game system you've been trying so hard to convert us into playing and let us have our warhammer.

• Like 1

Let's all just take a minute to remember that if BroG weren't here to hate on GW and accuse all of us of being blind lemming fanboys, we wouldn't have nearly as much reason to hate-play AoS!  I think we owe you a big thanks buddy, and you saved me from having to re-do all my movements trays for Kings of War, too!!  :laugh:

• Like 3

BroG, i don't see anyone going full-on fanboi over aos. I sense a lot of concern and curiosity for the most part. And a lot of us are annoyed over the lack of any sort of real marketing or info sharing.

But if you are wanting people to hate on something that hasnt even been revealed yet, that seems a little strange. :)

So, is anyone starting a new army for the new edition?

I'm going to be starting warriors of chaos :D

I plan on using the bazillion points of Skaven I already own.... UNLESS they somehow have been butchered so badly that I don't like them anymore, at which time I will sell them off and look at another faction IF the rules are solid. :)

• Like 1

It's funny a few years ago I would have been totally pumped for a Skirmish+ size game that is WFB compatible, because it would provide such an easy ramp into a new army.  Today I've got all 3 of my "dream" armies mostly painted to a large scale (Brets, Dark Elves, and now Khorne as soon as the army I commissioned is done).  I really love the scale and spectacle of WFB 8th and so since I've got fully painted armies I envision that I will continue mostly playing 8th until an equivalent game is issued by GW (or I switch to another system).

That isn't to say I'm not excited still for AoS... I'm definitely going to buy it!  But I think what I'm going to use AoS for, instead of starting a new WFB army of my own, is as a way to bring my daughter's proclivity for Wood Elves into the mix.  She has already read through the WE book and we've played a few small scale games of WFB (which are totally unsatisfying at ~1000 pts).  I'm hoping it's a clean enough rules set (hah, from GW, I know, I'm delusional) that she and I can play and that she and I can work together on a Wood Elves AoS force, that maybe someday will lead to a WFB army for her, but if not, we can play against sub-sets of my 3 WFB armies.

TL;DR: I'm gonna play AoS with my daughter and start a WE AoS force with her, that'll be hers.

• Like 2