The Age of Sigmar begins...

From a reliable store owner (mikhaila)

So this is from GW as of a minute ago. I will continue to hammer my sales rep about 4 times a week, and he's promised to call me whenever new info pops up. 

-Ages of Sigmar is a new system, not necessarily WFB 8.5 or 9.0 

-Story advances after the events in Endtimes. 

-All current models will be usable. But it's a new system, so how good/bad something was in 8th isn't an indication of how it will perform in AoS. 

-Age of Sigmar is not a boardgame, is not an intro game to something larger. It's the main event.

• Like 2

Hotness!!  I'm all for ditching legacy game systems that are fundamentally flawed, especially with how far game design has come in the past 20 years.  At the end of the day, GW's strength is their miniatures and their art, and those should both carry forward.  I hope they did a good job with AoS! EXCITED!!

Thanks for the info, pretre!

Very curious and a bit excited to learn more!

Story advances will make fluff-folks happy.

All current minis usable = good thing, for sure. I actually just bought a bunch less than a year ago, would really suck to find out they weren't usable. LOL.

And a 'new system'... VERY curious. This could be a pretty substantial departure from what we're all so used to.

Thanks again!

I'm willing to bet New system = Fantasy 40k. 

I'm willing to bet we go from a percentile based system to that of the force org.

I'm willing to bet we will have Decurion detachments for the Factions much like we have in 40k currently.

I'm willing to bet we have the movement phase, magic phase, shooting phase, assault phase like in 40k (not much has changed other than charges being declared in final phase).

I'm willing to bet we have crazy allied matrixes that yield family fun for everyone.

I'm willing to bet the magic phase will have successful "Magic charges" on a 4+ etc...

WHO KNOWS OMG WE WILL FIND OUT IN A MONTH YAY OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet New system = Fantasy 40k. 

I'm willing to bet we go from a percentile based system to that of the force org.

I'm willing to bet we will have Decurion detachments for the Factions much like we have in 40k currently.

I'm willing to bet we have the movement phase, magic phase, shooting phase, assault phase like in 40k (not much has changed other than charges being declared in final phase).

I'm willing to bet we have crazy allied matrixes that yield family fun for everyone.

I'm willing to bet the magic phase will have successful "Magic charges" on a 4+ etc...

WHO KNOWS OMG WE WILL FIND OUT IN A MONTH YAY OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you willing to bet?

Same source:

So, one of my spies returned, wounded unto death and managed to give me a bit of info on the Great Enemies battleplan. 

He was delerious and really wanted a cookie before he died, so take this with a grain of salt. 

-The new system will have both Skirmish and large battle with ranked troops versions. 

-Skirmish can use round or square. Large version is square. 

-The round 32mm bases in the space marine boxes were originally made for WH:AoS, but the 40k studio guys liked the look and they fit space marines better. 

-AOS box will have both round and square bases in the box.

Same source:

So, one of my spies returned, wounded unto death and managed to give me a bit of info on the Great Enemies battleplan. 

He was delerious and really wanted a cookie before he died, so take this with a grain of salt. 

-The new system will have both Skirmish and large battle with ranked troops versions. 

-Skirmish can use round or square. Large version is square. 

-The round 32mm bases in the space marine boxes were originally made for WH:AoS, but the 40k studio guys liked the look and they fit space marines better. 

-AOS box will have both round and square bases in the box.

I really hope all of that is accurate pretre... I would be gloriously pleased about each of those items.

-Tim

• Like 1