The Age of Sigmar begins...

Thanks for the confirmation. Yayy. So there is a 9th ed coming in less than a month. It is so weird, i would expect huge buildup and marketing and other stuff... But all we see is the few lines and paragraph teaser... Doesnt gw want us to be excited about it?

They did...it was called "The End Times." They'll focus on 40K the next couple weeks, and then switch to fantasy in the leadup to the preorder date.

• Like 1

Any word on the new Bretonnia army book? 

<ducks> 

:P

I hear it is right after they redo Dogs of War and Kislev.

edit: Look, I speak Warhammer! I flank charged a steadfast combat reform beneath a purple sun while monstrous cavalry... aww I have no idea what's going on.

• Like 2

Any word on the new Bretonnia army book? I heard they're bringing back the wedge-shaped Lance Formation...

<ducks> 

:P

Either Harry or Hastings on the Warseer forums said they had word of a new Bret book in development. Given the rumours coming out about the new edition, I'd hazard a guess that they're getting rebranded into this new "Sigmarite" faction, essentially supplanting the Arthurian vibe with good ol' fashioned Catholocism.

They had also seen near-completed digital sculpts of a TK Hierotitan/Necrolith Colossus, and some sort of dwarfen construct thingy. Perhaps these got scrapped, but perhaps we will see these rolled out as part of the new release schedule?

Hastings:

I don't think I actually mentioned WE, Bret, O&G or Beastmen army "books"
updates and models yes, books ..... hmm, after 9th ed hits???? 

HE TRUE
Lizardmen TRUE

DE FALSE
Dwarfs TRUE
WE TRUE

Brets 
O&G 
9th edition 

Natfka:

Bret Rumors - Nov 2014
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Regarding Bretonnians
"they are dead, I was told flat out and promised they are dead from                     .   .    

"Did you read both end times books yet,? by the end of glottkin the empire has lost half its population. I hear kislev is gone in the first, along with bretonia."

via another reader on Faeit 212
According to one rumor, Bretonnia is going to be squatted as an independant army. They are going to instead pull a Black Templars with the Empire, calling the book "Kingdoms of Men" or something like that. 

Now, I am not sure how valid this is, given word of mouth is not a reliable source of rumor - so I suggest you check with your sources first. However, this would explain why various options are being pulled. 

As for the doom and gloom, there's a bit of a silver lining. Old Empire players might remember a time where more exotic units like Kislevite Lancers and Dwarfs were kicking around with the Empire. The newer book probably isn't going to be like that, but it might be possible one could use the new book (if true) to represent Araby, Nippon, Cathay, Kislev etc, etc as well as Bretonnia.  

I own a full DoW army, a full Kislev army, and as of last week a decent sized Bret army. I am not interested in GW based books anymore and use the ones made by fans as they are at least updated and thought over regularly. GW spends so much time defending their IP and yet this rumor states they are willingly destroying it. I will wait to see what happens on this one.

I own a full DoW army, a full Kislev army, and as of last week a decent sized Bret army. I am not interested in GW based books anymore and use the ones made by fans as they are at least updated and thought over regularly. GW spends so much time defending their IP and yet this rumor states they are willingly destroying it. I will wait to see what happens on this one.

That's what I am doing. More or less silently waiting to see what happens. If the rules are good, especially if there are skirmish rules, then I will glad come out of hiding. But history has not always been kind so I am keeping my emotions out of what is happening for now and will not invest my money or effort until the release of 9th.

Besides life has kept me from doing much gaming or spending much money.

That's what I am doing. More or less silently waiting to see what happens. If the rules are good, especially if there are skirmish rules, then I will glad come out of hiding. But history has not always been kind so I am keeping my emotions out of what is happening for now and will not invest my money or effort until the release of 9th.

Besides life has kept me from doing much gaming or spending much money.

I  think that's a pretty standard attitude. Not much point investing in models that may or may not have any use or relevance in a couple months. Only purchase I've made in the last few months was a pair of warsphinxes I picked up by returning an extra copy of Triumph & Treachery that I'd won at a tournament.

I do look forward to this Age of Sigmar once it comes out. My guess is that it's just the name for a boxed set, and the main rulebook comes with more fleshed-out skirmish rules for small point-cap games. Some other reliable rumour sources have been reiterating the Ravaging Hordes 2.0 rumour, which is very intriguing. 

So from reading the rumors it sounds like Bretonnia is joining the Space Marines and getting Catholic Power Armor, right?  

I'm not 100% clear on how that will work, but I guess I better start re-basing my Men at Arms onto 32mm round bases (or is it 33mm?  I can't keep it straight).  

Then when I'm done re-basing everything, I'm going to eBay all my models using horrible blurry photos, net maybe $100, and rage quit.  

Am I doing this right?

...Then when I'm done re-basing everything, I'm going to eBay all my models using horrible blurry photos, net maybe $100, and rage quit.  

Am I doing this right?

Just be sure your ad states, "PRO PAINTED", no matter how bad they are, how many colors there are, or what the quality is. That way, you will fit right in!

• Like 3