Meh, Crud. Mumble. Grrrr.

Looks like after OFCC, I will be finding a new hobby. 

I'd give it a bit to let everything wash out first. We aren't positive AOS is everything yet. If it IS everything, we aren't sure that Swedish or some other system won't come up with a universally acceptable option. Heck, we aren't even sure that AOS is totally bad yet. Either way, don't bin or sell your stuff for a month or two. :)

If you do end up swapping, there's also Kings of War and a number of other systems that would allow you to use your existing models pretty well. If you decide to go full new system, I can recommend 40k (unless you don't want to deal with GW) or Deadzone (if you like future skirmish campaign style games) or any number of other ones. I think Jim was listing off some others in one of the other threads.

Let's wait a month or two first though.

• Like 1

Yeah I feel the same way Raindog. I'm bummed about it. GW did a bad thing here. I'm still going to try Sigmar, but I'm pretty sure this isn't what I got into Fantasy for. I've already started looking into the new Infinity rules, I used to really love that game. I'm actually off to try Sigmar now with Terell. Maybe it'll be alright.

I feel like Raindog too. Unlike him I have an advantage of already owning a bunch of other games I will fall back on.

And "If" I can some how Sell Half of my models at 20% MRSP I can afford to complete my other games with cash to spare. If I sell all my stuff at 20% I will be clearing out a lot of space and could buy a game table top with mats and terrain for my games.

I just don't know if I can justify waiting for AoS to be something worth it besides from the hassle of selling my stuff off. That's the sad part, the only thing keeping me interested now is the fact trying to sell WHFB models right now would be a big hassle. It would be like trying to sell a used Yugo in Texas.

And "If" I can some how Sell Half of my models at 20% MRSP I can afford to complete my other games with cash to spare. If I sell all my stuff at 20% I will be clearing out a lot of space and could buy a game table top with mats and terrain for my games.

It could also be tough to sell stuff at 20% off, because it's not too difficult to find discounts that good or better if you look hard enough, even before AOS came out. ;)

Considering that the community has done some pretty spectacular things in the past, I'm not worried about that bit. It's finding common ground and picking one to make a new standard that will be that hard part.

I am pretty sure you would be positive about ANYTHING the community would come up with (good or not) judging by the way you are trumpeting AoS with no reservations.  lol  

20% OF retail is what I'm thinking he's saying. Hence my comment afterwards. :)

Oh WOW. Yeah... killing... depends on what it is, I suppose, if it's one of the more popular armies, is it painted, etc.  But getting $1000 worth of stuff for $200... that'd be pretty hard to pass up, depending.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure you would be positive about ANYTHING the community would come up with (good or not) judging by the way you are trumpeting AoS with no reservations.  lol  

Umm. That's a pretty big series of assumptions that are not backed up by anything I've said in any of the what... five threads we have on AOS.

I have not been trumpeting AOS with no reservations. Things I have said:

- I have said that I want to play it more than I wanted to play fantasy for the last 20 years.

- I have encouraged people not to ditch their hard work and money off of a first glance and to get a couple games in first.

- I have stated my belief that this is probably more of a starter than a finished product and that I believe more is coming.

- I have stated that balance is probably coming from the community and that it will be better than what GW could do anyways.

- I have posted all the reliable leaks and rumors over here so people could keep educated on what's going on.

Really though, I have no dog in the fight. You want to throw your stuff in the heap and give up on it without playing a game? Feel free. I don't even play Fantasy yet.

• Like 5

Oh WOW. Yeah... killing... depends on what it is, I suppose, if it's one of the more popular armies, is it painted, etc. But getting $1000 worth of stuff for $200... that'd be pretty hard to pass up, depending.

Yes I meant 20% of Retail. That is most likely the best most will get right now.

Now I am not going to sell all my stuff of course but in the long run if something doesn't turn this 180 degrees around I just don't see it being something I would be interested in. I have been trying to find something I like about it and spent time watching videos of players playing with the new rules and it just doesn't get me excited at all. With every game I played when I saw a new edition come out I was skeptical at first but when the rules came out I was all excited to start getting games in, but here I am Trying to find an excuse to get interested and just can't.

It's like trying to date someone who you've known for a long time but you just don't find them attractive or interesting. Why bother?

pretre, you take what I said too personally, I was giving you a hard time about your positivity.  You are singularly upbeat about the game, good for you, own it.

Perhaps work on the phrasing then? I'm generally upbeat about most things without being quite as manic as Sylvos.