Exploding Kittens

Brother Glacius

So I finally got my decks from the kickstarter. This is a fun little game that is very quick to play. I can see it being popular with alcohol. The object of the game is to be the last to survive. The standard deck allows for 2-5 players, and you simply add more decks in order to increase the size of the players.

The game is really simple, you play cards out of your hand, and then draw a card to end your turn. If the card is an exploding kitten, you are out. If you have a diffuse card in your hand, then you can save yourself, and put the exploding kitten back anywhere you want to in the deck. There are various action cards which allow for deck manipulation, or that will let you avoid drawing a card at the end of your turn. There are also mechanics to stealing cards as well. All in all, a very easy game to play, it will take under 15 minutes to play a typical hand, and the creators did a great job make the cards fun and entertaining.

I would highly recommend it. They do make a NSFW deck, which I do own, but have yet to open.

• Like 2

It is awesome!  Gotten a few games in with 3 people. What has happened in 99% of the games, is it comes down to the last few cards of the draw pile and who ever has  the better avoidance cards wins. I have yet to see a random exploding kitten take someone out.  The NSFW deck is the best.  I can see this game getting old quickly. It will be fun to play with new comers, but not as an every game day staple.

• Like 2