OFCC 2016 FOW Team Event (official thread)

taran.shannara

We are down to 5 months away. We really need to nail down at least a period. Lets give people a chance to build their armies.

Basics are it is currently planned to be four player teams where each player has a late-war company and each game is played normally one vs one (emphasis added).  There are team goals and individual goals. Sportsmanship is highly regarded at OFCC events. It is not uncommon for some teams to have people that don't normally game together and these people will form a team online through a team finder thread.

Hopefully I can release details very soon.

Glacius, looks like taran has already decided it will be late-war, with four player teams. 

Depending on what my team needs, I can run either Axis or Allies

This is what I am looking at now:

Axis
Grey Wolf - Hungarian - Rohamagyus
Grey Wolf - Hungarian - Gepkocsizo Lovesz
Grey Wolf - Hungarian - Harckocsizo Szazad (with  Ervin Tarczay)

Allies
Red Bear - Soviet - Inzhernerno-Saperniy

Get the revised edition, if you can
If not, then go here for the updated data:
Grey Wolf (Revised Edition) Changes
http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=4481

There have been two printings of both Red Bear and Grey Wolf. To tell them apart just flip the book over and just above the ISBN number you will see Revised Edition on the 2013 and 2014 editions respectively.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, if you can't find the books in print, you can find the briefings online. You can even print out your list and it will include the special rules and equipment pertinent to your army.

There's easyarmy.com, which I don't think you can sign up for anymore. I've had an account for years, it's not being updated anymore since its replacement, but most of the lists are still good.

There's also Forces of War, which is Battlefront's update version on their website. You can pay for individual lists, or entire books, for pretty cheap. I think I got all the Axis LW Italian theater lists for under $20, and there's DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE BRIEFINGS (WHICH KICK ASS)!!! The crappy thing for me is that I don't have internet at home so I can only look at this stuff when I'm at the bar or somewhere with wifi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...