Slayers!

andozane

pahahahahahaha! This is gonna be such an epic fail from GW. The decision to get rid of Fantasy and have this type of stuff at such a high price point is going to fail. The plastic slayers from avatars of war are still better than these and tons cheaper. the whole fluff about these is awful and the models themselves don't invoke any need to buy from me but then again nothing from AoS has really so far. 

I figured it out. It's the GW version of 300, that's what they are trying to create. An army of bearded muscle guys who fight their enemies with insane courage and without much clothes. Yeah, it's for Sparta...

as a person that owns too many slayers(dont ask how many, its embarassing lol)... this is kind of a head scratcher to me.  GW always seemed to be phasing out slayers.  the only new model i think they had in many a moons is that plastic dragon slayer model.  the rest have been the ol' metal i think.  i kind of like some of these models, tbh.  the whole riding a lizard though is quite dumb(now a bear on the other hand or even a more 'golem' look...).  also the fire guns dont fit with slayers(they like personal slaughter!).  i really dont think they fit that well in AoS fluff, but the fluff is so confusing already that i guess it doesnt seem that farfetched.  just as a whfb player this kind of frustrates me a bit as rank and file with metal slayers is the most painful thing to assemble and them releasing plastic versions NOW when there is less need for spatial concerns with circular bases is quite infuriating... also, stop hating on slayers in general!  they are iconic and hilarious :P  their whfb fluff is actually some of the best in the game.......

• Like 1

as a person that owns too many slayers(dont ask how many, its embarassing lol)... this is kind of a head scratcher to me.  GW always seemed to be phasing out slayers.  the only new model i think they had in many a moons is that plastic dragon slayer model.  the rest have been the ol' metal i think.  i kind of like some of these models, tbh.  the whole riding a lizard though is quite dumb(now a bear on the other hand or even a more 'golem' look...).  also the fire guns dont fit with slayers(they like personal slaughter!).  i really dont think they fit that well in AoS fluff, but the fluff is so confusing already that i guess it doesnt seem that farfetched.  just as a whfb player this kind of frustrates me a bit as rank and file with metal slayers is the most painful thing to assemble and them releasing plastic versions NOW when there is less need for spatial concerns with circular bases is quite infuriating... also, stop hating on slayers in general!  they are iconic and hilarious :P  their whfb fluff is actually some of the best in the game.......

Fits in the AoS fluff? Lol... We were walking one day, saw a realm gate we hadn't notice before, decided to peak in, and stumbled upon the nude dwarf nation....

Yeah, i know they are greaves...what kills me is that they are bothering with any armor. And since when did they start being concerned with wearing helmets? Meh...I'm so glad I have my metal slayers...maybe I'll pick up avatars guys if I ever need more.

574926-300_movie03_super.jpg

No idea what look they were going for... :)

Absolutely stunning! These are freaking Awesome! I love the Fireslayer fluff which by the way has nothing to do with the old Slayer cult. These guys are mercenaries and I think (have to see rules) will work for any army. Bad ass, flame belching Duardin on giant fire lizards -oh yah, I'm gonna get me a whole bunch. I can't wait to see what they do with the Steam head Duardin!!!

• Like 2

Absolutely stunning! These are freaking Awesome! I love the Fireslayer fluff which by the way has nothing to do with the old Slayer cult. These guys are mercenaries and I think (have to see rules) will work for any army. Bad ass, flame belching Duardin on giant fire lizards -oh yah, I'm gonna get me a whole bunch. I can't wait to see what they do with the Steam head Duardin!!!

Mercs? So are they part of Destruction?