TSHFT

Mr.MoreTanks

To be clear, I have no issue with people bringing the best list they can to a competitive event. I just have no idea what I would do against a list like that with the tools I have.

Surprisingly, the whirlwind suppression force really shined against it, mostly letting me target specific key models.

Due to the practice tho we found the weak spots and did some figuring to overcome.

Those thuds punished most everything, rapiers busted vehicles well, voids protected zombies, zombies protected thuds and void shield generator. Overlapping synergistic protection made this a super hard nut to crack. Deamonology to generate a quick unit or two specifically for itc style missions.

When we were playing obsec everywhere was like my only hope, that and the couple of obsec dreads I took. I had to get lucky to hang and challenge, given his experience with the list and the unique weaknesses, I was sure he would do well, lining up for a one off game with that would be almost impossible.

• Like 2

VonVilkee when are you gona be at a tuesday night game? Back into 40k and need people to play.

TW

Well that is awesome to hear! Tomorrow I'm busy but next week consider it game on!

Back on topic, Gareth did allot of research on the top lists and enlisted people to actually play them a bit against him. I was actually rocking a white scars gladius with battle company a bit, with rhinos instead of drop pods. It was an experience, looking forward to tweaking it a bit more and toning it down a bit for regular play. That whirlwind suppression force is awesome and at 2k I can get the third whirlwind for rending... Obsec on like everything including dreads makes me super happy.

• Like 1

Yes. A big shout out to Corey for helping me playtest. I'm not as much of a tournament regular as I used to be. A few of the guys whom have been around for awhile remembered me and we had fun reminiscing.

Glad I could bring it home for Ordo Fanaticus and my local warhamsters.

See you guys at Vegas!

Thanks man, awesome to see how well you did. Great research and list development, glad we were able to suss out the couple of weaknesses it had. Not that they were tough to cover up! Super well done.

• Like 2

Placing 20th felt right.  I know I could've played much better in two games, but I still don't feel like my list has any answers for tournament eldar.  I think a Big Mek Stompa will help a lot though.

To be quite honest, a LOT of armies have no real answer to a well-built Eldar list, so you're hardly alone in that regard.But the Mek Stompa, as well as possibly a few more solo models for scoring Maelstrom (Deffkoptas being the preferred choice, though Buggies can serve) would help out.

• Like 2

To be quite honest, a LOT of armies have no real answer to a well-built Eldar list, so you're hardly alone in that regard.But the Mek Stompa, as well as possibly a few more solo models for scoring Maelstrom (Deffkoptas being the preferred choice, though Buggies can serve) would help out.

Yeah, the buggies are mostly there for linebreaker and being pesky.  I'm actually considering dropping one of each and just leaving them as solo units.  Frees up 50 pts.