Marine Extravaganza

pretre

Do I really need a way to make each of my units more of a priority? Not really but man oh man is it fun to force your opponent to table you!

Them: all you brought is all those tac Marines? I can totally kill them while you can't hurt this.

Me: yeah I got a couple special weapons tho... All the while inside going excellent!

Later...

Them: arhg! I don't wanna waste this whole unit firing at that one marine.

Me: I believe you have to kill this one that one and this drop pod or I win.

Them: but that one is behind a rock! I know he's been hiding for three turns now... He knows what he's doing.

Right. And watch that Marine be the Imperial Marine with the Disintegrator Weapons. >POOF!< "Well, there goes your Daemon Prince. Good game."
  • Like 1

There are post and pic's that show say all space Marines armys get them. So fun times for all the armys you said.

"A Librarian with the Space Marines Faction, regardless of which Chapter he is drawn from, may generate powers from these disciplines in addition to the ones listed in his datasheet."

Space Wolves, Grey Knights, and Blood Angels are all distinct factions from Space Marines. Unless you can point out some text elsewhere that contradicts this, I would say it is pretty definitively not possible for them to use these disciplines.

Thanks

"A Librarian with the Space Marines Faction, regardless of which Chapter he is drawn from, may generate powers from these disciplines in addition to the ones listed in his datasheet."

Space Wolves, Grey Knights, and Blood Angels are all distinct factions from Space Marines. Unless you can point out some text elsewhere that contradicts this, I would say it is pretty definitively not possible for them to use these disciplines.

From the psychic cards.

Thanks pretre.

Blood angle Libby Dred. with techno power will be interesting. Also units of death company getting across the board is going to be scary.

Assault units just became really good. Switching a unit like 10 wolfen over that can run and combo charge...With the blackmane formation a large part of the army will be charging turn 1 with counter charge. it could be very nasty indeed.

With 6 to 8 tries I should get something useful. With the wolfen formation movement tricks I think I can put 2 to 3 lvl 2 guys. I with three I think I can swap between these new powers to handle the holes in my list vs a few armies.

Tecno for anti tank. Libby for null vs heavy 3++ Daemons and other inv armies.

Fulti. For my list seams to have the lest bad options for rolling, with only one I don't really want and even then it is

useful.

I don't like geo personally. But it has some messed up stuff in it. That and the warp charges for casting are all wrong.

Moving terrain around should be at lest a 3 to a 4. and ignore line of sight and cover should be a 2 at lest if not a 3. that power gives the Tyranid Hive Guard power to any unit.

I mean marines didn't need one more way to ignore cover. With that power they don't even need to have gate anymore on devastators. the can walk and turn one hit almost any place they wish turn one in dawn of war.

I just played a tournament and tried out a few of the powers. Librais is nice vs deamon. Getting the -2 to invul was really good.

Filmation is real useful for board control. If you get the swappingpower make sure you can make the charge as it sucks when you fail. Looking forward to using this foucs a lot.

I only tried these two focus. They seamed to work well with a sold assault unit.

Since we are on the topic of marines, anyone use a battlefoam case to carry a standard 1850 battle company and if so, which one? Nobody I know running the parking lot marines is using battlefoam.

Regarding the new powers, what a mess the moving terrain one will be. You just know it will be used to hurl Knights/deathstars/grav cents/allies (wraithknight!) around the table.

thumb_Screenshot_2016-04-09_00.57.43.png

60220101007_ENGAdeptusAstartesPsychicPow

Here's the full pic, showing all of the new Disciplines available to the other SM Chapters as well.

I kind of suspect that sometimes the Devs think of the "Space Marines" Faction as encompassing all of them, but they don't always remember to make that explicit like they did with Preferred Enemy: Space Marines in the CSM Dex.