After years of drop pod aggression, looking to be more defensive.

VonVilkee

4+ all the time is a lot better. If you can deploy your bunkers in the ruins, it'll look cool as hell and be more survivable. You would want to check with your TO on how they want to deal with that whole business of building in a ruin thing.

And this is why I'm slightly hesitant, should work and good sportsman do not always go hand in hand... Buildings aren't super good so it should be fine but buildings with a cover save are surprising... It could be completely awesome looking and leave it to the iron warriors to pile a bunch rocks and crushed buildings around their bunkers. Feels really thematic just worried about knee jerk responses. Doesn't help that the gating factor for the terrain is most battleforged lists struggle to have even a single fortification slot let alone two to do this..

The issue becomes, does your opponent have enough anti tank to make it a game.

42 infantry you need to hide from my guns and beat me to the critical locations of the battle field... I won't easily be able to shift units, it plays different. The ruins actually even it up as a couple of Meltas won't just ruin my day which is why I was thinking the void shields might work a bit better as it forces target timing and might leave the really dangerous guns exposed and not able to crush me...

Read the 2016 itc rules and they clearly allow very few fortifications... Boooo! Just when I was kind of excited about iron warriors my enthusiasm is curtailed. I always figured there were not alot of fortifications in itc due to points and battle forge force org requirements.

This sucks guess I'm keeping with the demi company drop pod stuff as it lines up better... Really liked the idea of escape hatch bunker mobility...

Read the 2016 itc rules and they clearly allow very few fortifications... Boooo! Just when I was kind of excited about iron warriors my enthusiasm is curtailed. I always figured there were not alot of fortifications in itc due to points and battle forge force org requirements.

I know the 2017 season will be allowing two fortifications. I don't believe OFCC is using the ITC rules and FAQs this year, though.

I wanted to replace rhinos and such with forts. Two wouldn't be nearly enough! The list at the beginning has 5 not counting the ruin shell idea.

I'm less excited about the list that can't be easily taken to multiple things. I'm kind of surprised itc limited forts to two, I get not allowing the networks but I didn't realize the straight number limit. <Shrugs>

Ah. Well there you have it. its like a safe limited deep strike kind of then.

Yeah, the raptors give me the option to hide in a bunker if necessary at the loss of some speed...

Interesting ploy you do not place the hatch until the bunker is occupied, so if I wait it out a bit the escape hatch could be selected mid to late game...