Conversion Fanboy Blog - (shameless plug)

scottshoemaker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Progress! Who knew!  I finally made a decision on the front end and decided to go with the simple radiator/grill gob.  

hotrodbattlewagon27.JPG

I used a trimmed up biker chain bit and a scratchbuilt fan to put in a bit more detail on the backside of the radiator:

hotrodbattlewagon28.JPG

It doesn't need much detail, just the illusion of more complicated gubbins.

Waaargh!  I love to use as much mismatched stuff as possible to give a better impression of  looted stuff.  Orks are eco-friendly recyclers!

hotrodbattlewagon29.JPG

I got some rivet work done as well, along with just a bit more detail:

hotrodbattlewagon30.JPG

And I also busted off my front wheels.  So much for thinking that double layered tube would be enough.  Oh well, I'll reenforce the axle with a paperclip and move on, maybe add some weld detail to highlight the fix:

hotrodbattlewagon31.JPG

mtk...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see you using a ton of resin and was wondering where you get yours/what you use? I'm just about out and am looking at needing enough for around 9 rhino-sized tanks, a Bastion and a ton of bits. I've been using smooth-on I believe (30ish second mix/dry time, 4-5 hour cure). I'd be happy with a bit more time before it kicks off to help prevent bubbles but can work with what I have if there's no better cheaper option. Suggestions?

Also, just wanted to let you know that using the Battle Wagon ram as a chopped & scooped roof was freaking brilliant! So much win in one model. I half expect to see a greaser Ork step out, straighten his leather jacket and run a comb through his pompador;)