Conversion Fanboy Blog - (shameless plug)

scottshoemaker

Alright, I totally started on the lifta droppa BW and realized I didn't like how it was going.  I then decided to wait on the other wagon as it doesn't really fit the army.  So here's where I'm at with the build:

hotrodbattlewagon4-01.JPG

See how much smaller the first chassis is?  I repurpose it as something else later.  I've got a deadline to meet to paint this army before OFCC.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So in the interest of paying crap off I'll be tooling up casting again by the end of the summer.  I'd like to avoid directly competing against the supreme talent we already have here, so terrain and accessories are out.  I'm thinking various sized scrap tanks are in my wheelhouse, with an early war German theme.  "PzI, PzII, PzIII" hulls with different interchangeable turrets for smaller tanks, PzIV and Tiger Hulls for larger tanks.  But before I begin this project (and get OFCC finished) is there any interest?  I couple of the projects I did in the past just didn't payout and I can't really afford a line of duds.

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

I think an Orky versions of the german Opel Blitz Truck would sell like hot cakes.  Possible Sd.Kfz 7s or Maultiers could also be cool  There could be a way to possibly do mix and match Cabs, Beds, Wheels and Tracks...just some food for thought.  I do like the idea of various  german scrap tanks and larger tigers and pzIVs as looted tanks or other ork vehicles

heres some pics of the trucks im talking about :)

opel blitz

opel_blitz.jpg

Maultier

1943-opel-maultier-panzer-werfer-42.jpg

sd.kfz 7

1024px-Sd.Kfz._7_Krauss-Maffei_pic1.JPG

• Like 2

Would fenderless be OK?  Fenders are the bane of my existence...

Orks don't waste time with fenders! Any engine worth their time would have no problem pushing grots outta the wheels should they fall in...

I agree with VonVilkee fenderless trucks would work fine...Plus good Big Mechs aint gots no time for "heath and safety"

• 1 month later...