Dwarf Rumours

All I can hope for is a good book that meshes with 8th ed.  I look forward to the changes.  I can see the book making slight changes here and there.  The major changes are going to obviously be with the runes.  However, they are still dwarfs, they still have access to tons of war machines, and they will still most likely be slow.  As far as the current builds go, I could see minor changes to units, heros, new units, and other things affecting the list builds.

However, the one thing I don't see happening is Dwarfs not wanting to molest the war machine selections.  That's their bread and butter.  Dwarfs like to shoot big guns and they have access to a lot of them.

• Like 2

I won't be buying a ton but Ill pick up a few. Id prefer to flesh out my ranks a bit more with older metals that match my existing minis but I am thinking a single box of the new warriors spread throughout my 3 existing units will be okay. Perhaps Ill just mix my old longbeard minis into the old RNF and then use the new longbeards? Im not too sure.

I could honestly see the auto hit rule going away.  That is a brutal mechanic.

I know, me too, and I'm a-feared. Funny thing is, it'll be garbage if they do on account of poor dwarven BS. I probably wouldn't pay more than 50-60 pts if it turns into artillery die worth of shots, not hits.

I know, me too, and I'm a-feared. Funny thing is, it'll be garbage if they do on account of poor dwarven BS. I probably wouldn't pay more than 50-60 pts if it turns into artillery die worth of shots, not hits.

There are a few things to account for here:

1) Will engineers still be a war machine upgrade?  If so, they bring the odds of hitting up.

2) The auto hit may still be there.  I know I stated I could seem the rule dropping; however, from a purely-player perspective, I could also see the rule staying.  It's not the same as a hellblaster.  It's still only a max of 10 shots still needing to wound.  With the hellblaster you could get up to 30 shots at BS4 with a master engineer.

So, it really comes down to how GW wants to make this specific war machine stand apart from the volley gun.  Do I currently hate the auto hit?  Of course I do, because I don't have access to one.  Do i think the rule is legit, yes.