Dwarf Rumours

Interesting that the Thunderer/Crossbowmen box set is both Core and Rare. So are crossbows core and Thunderers Rare? It would be pretty lame if the Empire has better shooting now!

At an uneducated guess, Rangers will be rare, and rangers are made from the Quarrelers by adding great weapons (well, one way to make them)

A wise man once said:

I'm not buying anything until I see a book GW can go to hell.

It really seems to me that the spread can only hurt the customer. Sure the new dwarfs are neat, but until the book drops you have no clue if they are worth fielding or not. I am not saying that GW meant to be evil, but people buying early are taking a crap shoot with GW's record. Myself, being the type of guy who doesn't need my new toys ready to play the moment the book comes out wont even be buying models until I have studied up. Even if I was in some hurry I'd make any purchases minimal until seeing actual rules.

Now if they reversed it, put the book out, waited a couple weeks for the models to drop... I think they would do a ton better as people itch for the new toys that they have the rules for.

I think it is a better bet the Rangers will be rare Gamer Geek.

Here is the first leaked army wide rules, was confirmed from two sources, you be the judge on how reliable it is:

Ancestral grudge, roll a D6 before the first turn. On 1-2 your general hates the enemy's general. On 3-4 your characters hate all enemy characters. On 5-6 your army hates the entire enemy army.

Resolute, charging units have +1 strength

Relentless, cannot be marchblocked. 

• Like 1

Interesting that the Thunderer/Crossbowmen box set is both Core and Rare. So are crossbows core and Thunderers Rare? It would be pretty lame if the Empire has better shooting now!

If they keep the dwarven handgun rule with +1 to hit Empire still shoots worse.

This book is going to fail or suceed with how they do magic items.  Do they now have access to magic items like everyone else?  Do they still have runes?  How is the rune selection.  Other than the current build:

anvil, 3+ warmachines, miners, and blocks of GW warriors.  The runes are what set different armies apart.  The standard "core" build for the army is pretty common; however, the runes selection is where you notice the differences in builds.

I strongly believe runes are going to be the main impact with this book. 

• Like 1

More Rumors:

Ancestral Grudge: Dwarfs always have the Hatred (Orcs and Goblins) and Hatred (Skaven) special rules- this means any unit taken from Warhammer Orcs and Goblins or Skaven. To determine the level of bitterness the Dwarves feel towards other armies, after deployment but before Vanguard moves, roll a d6 and consult the following chart:

1-2 Personal Vendetta. The dwarf general has hatred special rule against the opposing army's general
3-4 Rancorous Resolve. All friendly character models with Ancestral Grudge special rule have the hatred special rule against all character models from the opposing army. 
5-6 Seething Score to Settle. All friend models with the Ancestral Grudge special rule have the hatred special rule against all models in the enemy army.

Resolute: Models with this special rule have a +1 strength during a turn in which they charge into combat

Relentless: Units composed entirely of models with this special rule do not need to pass a leadership test in order to march, regardless of the proximity of enemy units.

• Like 1

Nice! Except one thing. One of the last pictures has a caption mostly illegible from glare. At the end it sts soothing like "if you really want to make sure your organ gun hits, attach a master engineer." While is cool that he can now operate an organ gun (that never made any sense), it also pretty strongly suggests the organ gun has to roll to hit. HOPEFULLY it has that superior volley special rule pictured above (re-roll to hit) at least.

I dig the Gyro's. They are totally Buck Rogers! The bombers will make hordes weep!

The Iron Dragons look cool too (They are in the background of one of the photos.)

Stoked about 4 pages of runes! Really excited about stacking runes for greater power. 

Excited about put runes on all war machines