Escalation League, Week Three: October 8th

Raindog

Hello infinity Players!

Thank you for a solid Week Two. I hope we can have a full house for Week 3. If you missed Week Two , there is still plenty of time and space for you!

Week Three  of the Escalation League is October 8th!

Time: 3PM!

Bring Food, Bring Friends! - Please Bring Water! We are out. 

Let me know, if you want a teaching game! 

Mission: Doctor, Doctor.

7 Injured civilians are on the table. They will be placed in the zone that is 8 inches from each side of the center line. The civilians are prone and will be placed by me. 

The goal is to Forward Observe and heal as many of the civilians as possible. You may not target the civilians for any attacks.

Scoring: 4 Points for healing more civilians than your opponent.

3 Points for FOing more civilians than your opponent.

2 Points for killing more opposing doctors / paramedics than your opponent.

1 Point for killing more opposing forward observers than your opponent.

Special Mission Rule: Any civilian that has been forward observed, may re-roll its PH roll for any doctoring or for use of the medikit, if the forward observing is on the same side.

Special Rules: 

1. If the player has one command group, Command Tokens cannot be used for strategic purposes.

Let me know if you can make it.

I would like to give an official ITS a try at some point but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet.

I'm surprised no one has called you out on this Week 2 cut and paste job in the OP:

On 10/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, Raindog said:

Hello infinity Players!

Thank you for a solid Week Two. I hope we can have a full house for Week 2. If you missed Week Two , there is still plenty of time and space for you!

Week Two of the Escalation League is October 1st!

:tongue:

So Jeremy and I will be there on the 8th for Week 3 provided he can make it; if not I should be there regardless. :biggrin:

• Like 2

You know, upon further inspection, this mission is broken. Haqqislam will have a MASSIVE advantage, while factions that only have one or two doctor options are getting hosed. If I were playing NCA for this league, I wouldn't even show up on Sunday; they have ONE doctor, AVA 1, that's WIP 12. Combined Army has one AVA 1 doctor choice. It's certainly possible to win this mission without a good healing presence, but the way you have it set up makes it very, very hard, and it's heavily slanted against factions that only have one doctor option (which is most sectorials, CA, and Tohaa.) I think this one needs to be rethought a little bit, especially if you're going to take away G:Servant.

Technically 2 doctors in NCA, but I agree with your overall point, Jeff. 

RD, perhaps altering the effects of Paramedic on civillians?  Instead of a Phys-3 roll, make it a wip roll for the paramedic?  Only for healing the civvies?  Paramedics are far more evenly distributed among the factions compared to the Doctor rule.

• Like 1

Jeff, 

It is a teaching scenario emphasizing FOs and healing.:ph34r:

I put the reroll with forward observers to allow for weaknesses with paramedics.:biggrin:

Yes, some doctors have have advantages, especially Haqq, but Healing more is worth only 4 points in the scenario. Kill more Docs, meds, and FO gets a player three points. FOing more than your opponent is another three. You don't have to take a doctor and can still win, if the your opponent heals more civilians than you do.:yourock:

Try the scenario. Try using the FO to eliminate the -3 to PH instead of the reroll. 

Remember this is suppose to be fun.

Cheers,

RD

PS> Both Pete and Evan have wrecked my day with Bipandra.

I don't like to use doctors at all so my plan is simply massacring the other team unless I play Justin and then I just auto loose against his five medic link team.  It would be better to let helper bots heal though. (its for learning purposes too RD. Jeff needs to learn how to use his bots. :biggrin:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I introduced my son to Infinity Army and my philosophy on Haqq... he came up with something like this:

logo_401.png Haqqislam
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png10  
logo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 13)

3 SWC | 162 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 1