3d Printer User's Group

I know you can run from the dehydrator directly to the printer - I just don't. But...

yes - if I get a sealed bag that doesn't seem "fresh" like the bag isn't tight and vacuumed tight - I will pop the spool into the dyhydrator for 8-12 hours over night just out of course.  And if I am running into a spool with issues like silking or breaking lots - I will pull that spool and run it for a day or 2 in the dehydrator.  If I run into the issue with multiple spools from the same vendor I stop buying that brand.

I also have a small dehumidifier in my printing enclosure - that's constantly running.

I try to not have multiple spools out - and I keep the bags and little silica pouches - and store spools in the bags with extra silica when I am not using them... typically with "special filaments - like rainbow stuff" lol. 

you can always make a dry box ... a tote with a seal - put dehydrating pouches in it.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have acquired a Saturn 4k (original Saturn) on a trade - had a blown LCD and had to clean up the insides from a resin overflow. Anyhow, I have it all working wonderfully now - (new lcd and IPA elbow grease).  

Anyhow, I have a Elegoo Mars 2 Pro - with Mercury 2 - clean & cure with tank (and extras ... ie. extra resin vats, 2nd print plate ... resin) to find a new home.  Pictures to follow.  All in working order and good to go. 200$ OBO - for the entire set up with extras. 

-d

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have two questions. I did some 10mm warmaster guys and they came out great...that being said, they seem awfully brittle. Did I over cure them? The wash and cure I have does 2min minimum. I can stop it beforehand though. So...did I overcure...or is it the resin I used?

Is there a resin that is naturally softer? I got some minis from Excellent Minis and they are a bit flexible which seems perfect for that scale. But I have no idea what resin will do that. Anyone know?