3d Printer User's Group

hmmm layer separation ... tried adjusting retract speeds ... lift speed...light off times along with exposure times?  Assuming you have.  2" consistent issue - checked screw or rails for anomalies ... grease or something causing a semi-random skip.

What big printer is it? Saturn, monoX or something else? I am just curious - only only have a Mars 2 Pro... but keep looking at the larger options coming out.

Run the head all the way up and down ... manually without the tank... just to see if you notice a skip or lag. Closely examine the rails and screw ... some chunk of something get into the path and needs to be cleaned out? Very strange.  Assuming you have done all the normal stuff - I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. 

Typically I just over expose till things print ... then dial back ... before changing FEP.

-d

Those checked out ok. At first I though is was a tension issue, at least based on the delamination of the center models, but the support failures are pretty consistent on with the delam location, about 1/2" before the total fail.  Whatever it is it has to be affecting the entire print and not just a portion of the plate/screen.  I've had multiple models print before with a partial fail, such a one model delaming or pulling off the plate, but this has me baffled.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

my jupiter has landed. Haven't quite unboxed it yet. I need to find a table solution for it since it will reside in my garage. Already looking at the accessories I should buy for it. First up is a screen protector and then perhaps a flex plate. Then I'll need to look at potential wash and cure solutions....

sweet jesus, what did I get myself into?

On 9/9/2022 at 10:12 AM, Salty Monkey said:

I was looking to get a 3d printer for large scale items. do you peeps have any suggestions on brand?

looking for a standard not a resin, and it will mostly to print samples but would like one that has enough quality to print personal gaming stuff as well.

any advise would be appreciated.

How large are you looking?  What do you currently have? If your lookin for just build volume - then probably the enders... the Prusa mk3 isn't a huge printer - (I do love mine) - but have been looking at the Anycubic Kobra Max after seeing some decent reviews. But if you wait a few months something newer and "better" will hit the market lol.

-d

21 hours ago, Torg said:

How large are you looking?  What do you currently have? If your lookin for just build volume - then probably the enders... the Prusa mk3 isn't a huge printer - (I do love mine) - but have been looking at the Anycubic Kobra Max after seeing some decent reviews. But if you wait a few months something newer and "better" will hit the market lol.

-d

& @scottshoemaker Thanks for the input. I looking to printing terrain stuff without piecing it out too much. The ender 3 is nice but i think i need an enclosed one because im putting it in my office warehouse n i dont want it to be cleaning it everytime

I was looking at the https://www.flashforgeshop.com/product/flashforge-guider-ii-3d-printer-for-industrial-use  

any opinions on that one?

I don't know much about that printer or company - looks nice - but a enclosure isn't to difficult to piece together.  My set up is a 4x6x6 Costco style shelving rack... with plexiglass panels and some insulation board. Add a small heater and exhaust fan to a simple greenhouse style power controller - and your good to go.

https://torgsblog.files.wordpress.com/2021/06/img_1637-2.jpg?w=576

• Like 1

• 1 month later...