3d Printer User's Group

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I tried to do a FLM print on fast setting to see the difference in quality. What I got was an explosion of string. Is that a temperature thing? I have the printer in my basement so its probably in the mid 60's down there. The print area is enclosed but perhaps the speed was not giving the filament time to adhere? Just a curiosity thing really. I changed the print back to normal speed and it printed just fine.

It has a heated bed, and the printer does make sure its at temps before starting. Hmmmm, maybe the speed of printing aided in pulling the filament off of the bed despite it being hot. It was a curiosity anyways. I don't need to speed print. I'll try it some other time when its warmer. Thanks for the input. Still need to try my resin printer. 😔

• 3 weeks later...

so yesterday I tried to print an elephant on my J1 snapmaker flm printer. The first time was using cura and about a third of the way in, spaghetti happened with one of the legs...odd since that is a very thick part. So next I used their luban slicer and tried again...this time I could tell the supports at the bottom went bad right away....So finally I tried luban again, but I flipped the mode upsidedown first, thinking that maybe trying to do the legs with supports was too much....I also reinforced the area on the plate for extra adhesion...that seemed to work....but now the supports aren't coming off the model. I used the default settings from luban with a 50 degree angle. a few areas the supports popped right off, but due to the large area on the back...those are holding tight. How do I resolve this?

Hmmm filament print stuck supports - I typically clip off the supports that won’t snap off with snippers. Leaving a little spot to clean up with an exacto knife and sand paper.  I sliced my finger pretty good last month with the exacto knife lol. So I picked up a newer pair of snippers 🙂