Warhamster Autumn Mordheim Campaign

Koyote

So, how did the games go last night?

My Kislevs had a tough game against Sherbert's Witch Hunters.  Our game ended in a draw, with both warbands routing and the Banshee standing floating triumphant. 

Going into the game Sherbert was very concerned about my Road Warden (who in our previous campaign was a monster), but all that worrying was for not.  Even though the Road Warden never needed more than a 3+ to hit, every shot but one was a miss.   And the one time he did hit, he failed to wound (again, needing only a 3+).

rGfdds.png

Each warband suffered two deaths -one hero and one henchman.  The two models that I lost were the only two female models in my warband, my Youth Natasha and a Cossack named Oksana.  Clearly, Witch Hunters are women hating jerks.  It's no wonder the Sisters of Sigmar hate them so.

Three of my heroes went out-of-action and I rolled abysmally low with my 2 exploration dice, so I ended up with only one treasure (wyrdstone). I didn't have enough gc to pay the upkeep for my my hired swords and hire a new Youth, so I sold my rabbits foot, a lantern, and both of my Streltsis' bows (they never hit anything anyway).  This gave me enough gold to keep both hired swords and hire and arm a new Youth to replace poor Natasha.

The Kislevs are down but not out.   They will be avenged!

1534797217.7507-smiley.gif

Nathan and my game was quite bloody as both of our dwarf warbands fought hard against the frenzied zombies piling out of the farmstead buildings. We each were able to quickly secure and loot one building a piece after dispatching some walking dead. A hard fought struggle ensued for the remaining central building. My leader, ogre, and beggar all went out of action by the end with Nathan being left with only his leader and two troll slayers. Nathan's force fought well and hard considering I had the far larger warband rating (almost double). In the end, Nathan voluntarily routed leaving the Drakeslayers in possession of the final building and the farmstead. My ogre and beggar escaped unscathed, but my leader took an arm wound which resulted in him having to take some time to recover and miss the next game. Nathan rolled as well as I did using only 3 exploration dice to my 5. After finding a well, Hrothgar, my most recently upgraded henchman, inspected it and was met with a swarm of leeches resulting in his toughness decreasing by 1. The big killer was that Nathan lost four out of the eight members of his warband even with the changes to death rolls following a casualty in the warband. A lot of my warband leveled up with my dwarves receiving some strength increases due to pumping that wyrdstone iron. Looking forward to next month's scenarios. 

Jake here. (Updated my namesake for consistency with other platforms)

This is a recounting of my second battle, I'll work on a recount of the third as well. That one got rather bloody.

Ulrik had sent ahead Skakkr to scout out the village. Unlike many of the villages the band had come across yet, this one looked to be a bit more lively. Ulrik swore by the Raven God that he would not be caught unawares this time.

The wretched Sylvanian scout came back with fortunate news; two bands of warriors resplendent in rich wears squared off over the village. "They got weapons, your Jarlness, but they both look sickly, pale even. Easy pickings, I think." Skakkr licked cracked lips and looked expectantly.

Ulrik gave the scout a hardy clap on the back that sent the lad to his knees, and flipped Skakkr a gold coin. The Jarl motioned his Shieldbreakers to the fore.

This was a fun battle that came into a standoff near the central treasure piece. I held my men back a bit as I was cagey about getting the first charges in, but still managed to earn the ire of the Banshee. I volleyed her off to Jim, but he was able to do the same right into my back line, taking out my poor Sylvanian. A zombie's well-placed roundhouse kick critical took out one of my berserkers, and the banshee continued to carve up another Marauder. I routed on a roll of 10 without fighting the IRL warbands. Foolishly, I forgot that Wulfred the Berserker had an extra wound and could have survived to be kicked by another zombie or two, or get mauled by dogs.

"Erlinda!" cried Wulfred as he staggered himself up from the ground. "I'd know that scream anywhere! You have returned for me." Wulfred the Berserker walked weaponless and entranced towards the ghostly female apparition, even as it sent Skakkr reeling to the ground with its screams, blood trickling from the Sylvanian's ears.

"My Jarl," said Skeggi the Tall as he creeped up along the central tower towards Jarl Ulrik. "Wulfred's brains are addled."

The Jarl gave him a pointed stare.

"Aye, more so than usual though, Jarl Ulrik."

Jalr Ulrik sighed and peered back at his rear guard shieldwall, which was holding off the restless dead and contending with the banshee, as Wulfred attempted to embrace the creature with limited success. He then looked over at the ensuing melee between the dreaded Dokkalfar and the Order of the Pointed Hats; the hatmen were mirthlessly gunning down the Dokkalfar as they made away with the loot. Their hounds tore at fine silk and flesh alike as the downed elves tried to claw themselves away along the blood slick cobblestones. The Order's numbers were still great.

"We are only beholden to stand against enemies that number the same as we," said the Jarl as he ordered the retreat.

On his way out of the hamlet he smashed his shield into Wulfred's face and turned towards the banshee's scream. He held against the force of the scream and roared back, slamming the flat of his blade Bjorndrepa into the banshee to send her careening towards the hatmen. Ulrik ordered his men to drag the wounded off the battlefield as he shouldered the champion Wulfred.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 8:26 AM, Munkie said:

The question I have at this point, is how many people are still playing this campaign?

Sherbert, Brendan, Shawn (I'm positive I chose the wrong spelling), Jake, and myself? Is that all that's left?

Jim, Kacy, and Christian? Are you guys still playing?

uoeW5i.gif

DECEMBER CAMPAIGN SCENARIOS

Attached to this post are the December scenarios.  Both have been modified, so don't use the versions found on Broheim or elsewhere.

Scenario #5: The Necromancer's Tower

This scenario is based upon a similarly named scenario from the Nemesis Crown Campaign.  I believe that it is fairly straight forward, but if you have any questions, please feel free to post them here.

Scenario #6: The Wild Wood

This scenario can be a bit "tricky", so please read its rules carefully.

nB81AL.png

The Necromancer's Tower.pdf

The Wild Wood.pdf

• Like 1

Kevin and I got in the Necromancer Tower scenario last night. It was fun with the Dwarves emerging victorious. And boy were they angry. I forget how many wound criticals I rolled but it was more than a few. Kevin eventually just started asking me how many sixes I'd rolled to wound. I felt quite bad towards the end. There were some funny moments though. The first blast from the tower scattered onto my dwarf engineer and my two thunderers. One thunderer was knocked down while the other was stunned. The stunned fella did not have a fun game. Being the furthest model away from the tower, every turn he got a lightning bolt shot at him. The resulting rolls had him either knocked down or stunned for the first half of the game, until the enchantment started losing it's aim, potency, or both. Kevin's warlord, Spartakreiger, charged my ogre at one point in the battle and knocked poor Grump's brains out with his flail in one round of combat. Also, you're welcome everyone, since with the experience from this game Spartakreiger gained the skill that allows him to keep the momentum of his flail going after the first round of combat and is therefore Str 6 all the time with 4 attacks. A final highlight was that Kevin and I decided that running up and getting into base to base with the tower for the extra experience was like Nemo swimming up and touching "The Butt". Quite the funny realization. Also, our beggars went clubbing together (hehe) during the fight and I'll post a detailed description of the combat further down. 

• Like 2

<Duel of Fates music playing> Gregor the Beggar peeked out from behind the wall that he'd been hiding behind for what seemed like forever. The fight was truly in full force now. Pit fighters with spears, tridents, and other exotic weaponry clashed with dwarven steel. Bodies were everywhere. The Dwarves seemed to be getting the better end of the combat but they had still taken loses. Two huge ogres were both on the ground unconscious and bleeding. Through the gloom Gregor spotted him. Another Sylvanian wretch like himself. Destitute and poor, he had likely been hired on a guide as Gregor had been with the promise of gold and freedom from the sordid life he'd been forced into. To Gregor's horror, the other Sylvanian had spotted him as well. With hatred in his eyes the beggar charged Gregor. Gregor was no hero, nor was he brave. He ducked the Sylvanian's first swing, using the wall as a barrier between them. Not knowing where his foe was, Gregor swung blindly, arcing his club sideways over the lip of the wall. His club connected with something. Disbelief and exhilaration surged through him all at once. HE'D HIT SOMETHING! Peering carefully over the wall Gregor saw the other wretch lying face-down in the mud, moaning loudly. Now was his chance, Gregor thought. Now was when he could prove to his Dwarven employers that he was the most valuable guide in Sylvania. Before his foe could recover, Gregor skulked around the wall and delivered a swift thump with his club to the other Sylvanian's skull. His opponent went limp and didn't stir. "Phew", said Gregor to himself, "I'm glad that's over." Seeing other combatants closing in Gregor quickly resumed his position behind the wall, hoping the more fearsome pit fighters didn't find him.   

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

The baby is due in the next couple of weeks, so I've decided to put the campaign on hold for a month or two. 

I know that the holidays put a lot of people behind, so if you want to use this opportunity to catch up and play all six scenarios, you are certainly welcome to do so. 

I don't know how much I'll be in the shop over the next couple of months, so I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year.

AH3Z6S.png

• Like 2

That's awesome Shawn. I hope everything goes well with the delivery. I'll be at DT tomorrow night at the usual time with my Mordheim stuff if anyone wants to get a game in. I'll be looking to play the Woodland Sprite scenario, which looks like a lot of rng fun. On the other hand, if no one wants to play Mordheim, I'll have the board/deck building game Legendary with me as well to play if people are interested. I got it for Christmas and am looking forward to playing it again since it's been a long while since I've played it. Hope to see folks there. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.